Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardly anyone I know will answer their phones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    If I'm out having fun, working on something, or even just in the middle of a face to face conversation, phone calls are secondary and not my priority. I carry a cell phone for my own convenience, not every one else's..

I also RARELY have my ringer on (keep it in vibrate mostly) so many times I just don't hear or feel the call or text. It really bugs me when out in public and people's goddamn phones are dinging or ringing constantly. I don't want to hear your shit, so I don't make you listen to mine.
    I do the same as well with the same philosophy. Also, if you're the type to be texting a bunch while I'm talking with you - I'll simply walk away.

I'm amazed at how many folks say "What's wrong man? We were talking and you walked away." No fucker, you were texting, I got crap to do and texts were higher priority for you at that moment. I am fine with it, but don't get all butt hurt when I then drop your priority at that moment. Especially since 9 times out of 10 they wanted the conversation for whatever reason.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Phone calls for me are second to what I am doing especially if I am in a conversation with someone. If I even hear it ring, I hate even interrupting the conversation to look down and turn it off. But depending on who is more important, guy in front of me or guy on the phone will also dictate if I answer or mute.

If I mute and it is important, they can send me a text to call them.

When I am home I am pretty good at answering if I know who it is. If I don't know the number, leave a message. You might be a bill collector.

On the same topic, I hate talking on the phone with work folks. Send me a fucking email or message through our email service. Only person I want to talk to work related over the phone is my boss in the States. And even then I hate calling him. I send him an email (goes to his phone) with what I want in the subject line "call me" "can you talk?" "I quit" etc. Shit since I can't text him from Africa, we have full on conversations through email subject lines like a text message.
      I talk on the phone all day during the week, I am not a big talker on my cell unless I am driving. I generally don't answer my cell during work hours, especially if I dont know who it is. This house buying/selling has made that necessary, though. Luckily text has become quite mainstream in that industry, so that has helped. My realtor generally texts me to give me updates and/or let me know he needs to talk. The builder has also started texting as well.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
          My friend has auto reply

"I'm driving can't talk right now "
          Android's driving mode has that as a default setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            If I know the caller I'll usually answer, but if I'm in the middle of something, I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Just because I now have a cell phone on my person at all times doesn't mean I'm available at all times.

If I'm out having fun, working on something, or even just in the middle of a face to face conversation, phone calls are secondary and not my priority. I carry a cell phone for my own convenience, not every one else's..

I also RARELY have my ringer on (keep it in vibrate mostly) so many times I just don't hear or feel the call or text. It really bugs me when out in public and people's goddamn phones are dinging or ringing constantly. I don't want to hear your shit, so I don't make you listen to mine.

I do check my phone periodically, usually at least once an hour, to see if I have missed any calls or messages.. Texts are always the best way to get in touch with me. But even then, if it's not urgent and I'm busy doing something else, I will get back to you later.

Again, I keep my cell phone for my convenience, not yours.

At the same time, I also don't get pissed if someone doesn't respond to me right away, or answer my every call.
            that's understandable and i see your point! what pisses me off is when i never get a call back or a text

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            You're probably one of those cocksuckers that will call, hang up, and call back 35 times in a row. Look, window licker... If I don't answer, I'm fucking busy. Hanging up and immediately calling me back is NOT going to compel me to answer the fucking phone the second, fourth, or 15th time you do it. Get fucked.
            nah i'm a one call person or text and i leave it at that. hell most people i know will hear from me maybe once every 2 or 3 months if not longer. basically i've got shitty friends and family

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post

that's ridiculous but true!

Comment

I will answer the phone if it's someone I know, but I much prefer to talk in person. When it comes to answering for craigslist, fuck a whole lot of that shit, you can text me. Cell phone call quality sucks, I barely get any signal, and no one speaks english any more.

Comment

Since my dad has been sick I don't even get inquiries from hardly anyone asking about him! It's sad.. We live in a whole different world. People don't care about anyone but themselves and what makes them happy. I tell Mom all the time they should've had more kids! hahaha... I'm all by myself dealing with this junk. Cancer Fucking Sucks!!!

Comment

Gets first smart phone - goes to using it like mad - wonders why people screen calls.
                    WH

Comment

It does seem like DFWmustangs is going to have to have a senior citizens section.
                      Just send those folks the AOL good bye text

Comment

That's a fun story grandpa .... tell it again.

Comment

When i was in school we wood walk miles to get to skool barefooted.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              LMAO!

I used to really, really hate voicemails on my cell phone and would never check them. Nowadays with the ability to just hit a button and it starts playing, I get irritated when people call and don't leave a message.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                                Since my dad has been sick I don't even get inquiries from hardly anyone asking about him! It's sad.. We live in a whole different world. People don't care about anyone but themselves and what makes them happy. I tell Mom all the time they should've had more kids! hahaha... I'm all by myself dealing with this junk. Cancer Fucking Sucks!!!
                                Dude, fuck cancer. Seriously. I'm in the same boat on my end as an only child but I'm willing to bet you have a better support system than you realize. You just need to raise your hand.

If your friends don't answer the call (literally and figuratively), hit me up. At the very least, we're in the same boat. I'll talk to you any time. How's your dad doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X