Holder 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holder 2020

That's right. Eric Holder, the first sitting member of a president’s cabinet in the history of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress; the man that carelessly put guns in Mexican cartels' hands and refused to answer for it; the man that personifies The Swamp, is considering taking a swing at POTUS.

Have at it, Eric!

Eric Holder, the Obama-era attorney general who delighted in sparring with congressional Republicans and has since joined the anti-Trump ‘resistance,’ said in an interview he’s planning to become “more visible” – and reportedly could be considering a 2020 presidential run.

Eric Holder, the Obama-era attorney general who delighted in sparring with congressional Republicans and has since joined the anti-Trump ‘resistance,’ said in an interview he’s planning to become “more visible” – and reportedly could be considering a 2020 presidential run.

Yahoo News reported that Holder is mulling a bid and stepping up his public appearances.

“Up to now, I have been more behind-the-scenes,” Holder told Yahoo News. “But that’s about to change. I have a certain status as the former attorney general. … So I want to use whatever skills I have, whatever notoriety I have, to be effective in opposing things that are, at the end of the day, just bad for the country.”

According to Yahoo News, he said, “Now is the time to be more visible.”

What exactly he means by that remains to be seen.

For now, it means helping lead the legal charge against President Trump’s agenda.

Earlier this week, Holder helped promote a new California bill that could extend ‘sanctuary’ policies toward illegal immigrants statewide.

He’s already been working with California Democratic lawmakers for months as outside counsel to advise on potential challenges to Trump policies. But his next project reportedly will focus on an Obama-backed group helping prepare Democrats for redistricting in 2020. Yahoo News reports he’ll also start making more political appearances and is planning a “PAC-like organization” to help local governments resist Trump.

Holder suggested a more significant role in the Yahoo interview.

“I thought, frankly, along with everybody else, that after the election, with Hillary Clinton as president, I could walk off the field,” he said. “So when she didn’t win, I thought, ‘We’ll have to see how this plays out.’ But it became clear relatively soon — and certainly sooner than I expected — that I had to get back on the field and be in effective opposition.”

The Democrats’ 2020 field remains far from clear, with party elders like former Vice President Joe Biden still giving mixed signals about their plans. In the Yahoo News interview, Holder highlighted his ties to Obama and background as the first black attorney general.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

This is great news.

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

you couldn't pick a better person for the DNC to endorse in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          This is great news.
          Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          you couldn't pick a better person for the DNC to endorse in my opinion
          Yep. Fuck that piece of shit clown. I hope like hell he gets the DNC nomination.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

You mean killery won't be insisting her way into trying again?

Yeah if they put him up, they obviously haven't learned anything. But who expected them to. Its pretty clear that their best support was for 1+1=magic Bernie Sanders. And they wouldn't even run that guy. Should be interesting to watch what happens to them. The seem to be dissolving.
            WH

Comment

Wow trumps guaranteed 8 years if they go this route. Maybe the should run I bankrupted the entire state of Illinois and increased the murder rate in Chicago Rham as VP too.

Comment

In my opinion they will put Biden before him because Biden is much cleaner. Of course Biden will say all sorts of stupid shit on the campaign trail so that will be fun. It is going to be an interesting election because Trump doesn't really have to campaign.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Theres no statute of limitations on murder. He is an un-indicted co-conspiriator in the murder of Border Agent Terry's death (IMHO). He is a piece of shit and should stand trial for his crimes during the Fast and Furious debacle.
                  The Dems will freakin love him.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if Bernie runs as an independent?

In my feeble mind, that would take a tremendous amount of votes from the Dems and there's no chance in hell either party (dem or independent) could beat Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      Wouldn't it be great if Bernie runs as an independent?

In my feeble mind, that would take a tremendous amount of votes from the Dems and there's no chance in hell either party (dem or independent) could beat Trump.
                      Something changed in Bernie's demeanor post-primary. He is probably done being the Bernie of old and.will now be the Dems' equivalent of John McCain, an elder statesman and firebrand they'll trot out when they need someome to pretend to be Martin Van Buren.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Nay will vote, cause D and black.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Nay will vote, cause D and black.
                          In all seriousness, I wonder what the polls would look like if the Republican party had a strong candidate for POTUS that happened to be black running against a white male Democrat. Would the Republican get the same percentage of the black vote that Obummer got or is the novelty worn off now?

And just think how torn the MSM would be. They wouldn't have the race card to throw at people that disagree with the candidate because they would all automatically disagree with a Republican.

Comment

If Condi Rice had run they would've really been confused.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                              If Condi Rice had run they would've really been confused.
                              Nope. They were busy alluding to her looking like a monkey back when she was Bush's SOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X