Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free school supplies for GISD students if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free school supplies for GISD students if...

You register for an NAACP rally by Aug 6. Da fuq?

This is an important message from garland isd registration for free school supplies open this week all garland isd students are eligible to receive free supplies, which will be distributed at the health fair and back to school Rally from 9 a.m.. To 1 p.m.. Saturday august 19th at the Curtis Culwell center registration will be open until Sunday august 6th visit bit.ly/naacprally17(http://garlandtxnaacp.org/health-fair-registration/ to register for questions or more information contact carol blake at 972-381-5044 Extension 4 or email gnaacphealthfai@gmail.com. Thank you for your time.

This came through in a voice mil for me, I just copy/pasted the transcript.

Sounds like the local NAACP chapter is doing some charitable work and not limiting it to black students. Good for them!

Or am I missing some underlying motive? (not being a smartass, genuine question, you know I'm not all political and shit, so maybe naive )

From what I am reading it doesn't look like you have to register for the rally, you have to register for the supplies, which will be picked up at the rally. Same kind of thing the PTA does around our place.

Comment

Maybe I'm unreasonably distrustful of the naacp, but this seems like a cover to get inflated "rally numbers" and look like they're actually doin some good.

Comment

Working...
      X