Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the new hotness for Android phones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I've been using the Google branded phones for a while now, from the Nexus to my current Pixel 4a (upgraded from a 4XL a few months ago). Clean Android OS with little bloatware. The Pixel's have great cameras and the 4a can be had for a great price.
    Same, I wanted to get a Pixel 5 to replace my 3a XL, but it just did not have the wow factor to make me trade up. The battery is starting to show its age in my current phone and I certainly don't want to give up the monthly patches and reg updates that Pixel phones get, so I'm left with the choice of having a new battery put in it or look at a Google One device.

IMO, there's not been a phone released in the last 2-3yrs that really catches my attention not one that warrants the ridiculous prices they're askin for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Same, I wanted to get a Pixel 5 to replace my 3a XL, but it just did not have the wow factor to make me trade up. The battery is starting to show its age in my current phone and I certainly don't want to give up the monthly patches and reg updates that Pixel phones get, so I'm left with the choice of having a new battery put in it or look at a Google One device.

IMO, there's not been a phone released in the last 2-3yrs that really catches my attention not one that warrants the ridiculous prices they're askin for them.
      Ya I'm disappointed with the Pixel 5. And I've been hearing about build issue complaints with gaps in the body, etc. If I hadn't dropped my 4XL I would have been happy keeping it until the next great Pixel phone came out (I don't think the 5 is it). I don't drop phones to often (only the second time I've done that) and no insurance. So rather than replace it, the 4a was to good of a deal to pass up at $350.

Matt, you interested in a great deal on a 4XL that's slightly banged up? The screen is only slightly damaged on a couple of corners (screen protector really did it's job).

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm running a pixel 3a. Batteries gotten weak, it's been in water twice, once overnight. Longest I've had a phone at almost two years.

I'm going to get a 4 here soon. My 3 was purchased as a refurb off of Amazon. First one had glitches with speaker after about two months. I put insurance on it thru Amazon.

Comment

For me, the biggest factors are monthly patches/sec updates and 3 years of OS upgrades that come with Pixel devices, some Android 1 do as well, but tend to e lower spec'd. I'm lookin at a pixel 5 anyhow now that we're in our rainy season and I'd rather not have to drown my 3a xl.

If I can find a better device w/ similar specs, comparable camera experience, patches, updates and water resistance, I'd be open to it as long as it's not some $1200 phone.

Comment

Any experience with the Caterpillar phones? They are ruggedized and come with a FLIR camera. About the same price as the Pixels but I'm sure the specs aren't as hot.

Comment

No sir, but I've seen various ruggedized phones, they've never piqued my internet though. Pixel phones are midrange at best anymore, but they do typically operate well due to the slimmer OS.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Any experience with the Caterpillar phones? They are ruggedized and come with a FLIR camera. About the same price as the Pixels but I'm sure the specs aren't as hot.
                    I know someone who had one very briefly. Went back to a iPhone

Comment

I have an old HTC Evo 4G 3d I would make you a sweet deal on.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Wanna get a littler more fancy....Trimble has a rugged phone.

Comment

Working...
                        X