Celebrities Trying to Turn Texas Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

Sleepy texas republicans are doing absolutely nothing about it.
    We really need to get rid of these sorry ass republicans. Been voting libertarian unless I'm impressed with the repub candidate.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Why? I donate money to candidates all across the country. It's my money and I'm free to give it to whomever I choose.
      Because non-residents shouldn't be able to affect policy in another state. It's that simple. If they have a vested interest, own a property/business located there, different story. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        Because non-residents shouldn't be able to affect policy in another state. It's that simple. If they have a vested interest, own a property/business located there, different story. Just my opinion.
        ^ Ramen noodle guy points up.

Local elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents not outside interests or their party.

We need less Democraps and Republican’ts and people that reperesent their voters. This was the intent of the founders.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          ^ Ramen noodle guy points up.

Local elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents not outside interests or their party.

We need less Democraps and Republican’ts and people that reperesent their voters. This was the intent of the founders.
          Here is a interesting question. So, the constituents vote in their candidates right? It is then their candidates and the local government that push revenue for their cities through more citations or pedestrian stops. Do you think anyone has ever in their life voted and told their candidate that what we really need is the cops up our ass everyday? Well maybe in some areas but they go back and forth on that like the broken window policy in New York. I don't think the citizens understand the connection there. If we crank up activity to hard in my city they have been known to ask if the actual citations went up. Which, usually the answer is no. I just know that prior cities, if the citations went down, they were on the Chiefs ass. I don't think back in the day, Marshal Dillon was looking to write you a ticket for your horse missing a shoe.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Here is a interesting question. So, the constituents vote in their candidates right? It is then their candidates and the local government that push revenue for their cities through more citations or pedestrian stops. Do you think anyone has ever in their life voted and told their candidate that what we really need is the cops up our ass everyday? Well maybe in some areas but they go back and forth on that like the broken window policy in New York. I don't think the citizens understand the connection there. If we crank up activity to hard in my city they have been known to ask if the actual citations went up. Which, usually the answer is no. I just know that prior cities, if the citations went down, they were on the Chiefs ass. I don't think back in the day, Marshal Dillon was looking to write you a ticket for your horse missing a shoe.
            I agree 100%. The problem is cities are corrupt and irresponsible with their funds. Then they start viewing law enforcement as a revenue center instead of as law enforcement. They even pass BS laws to create revenue via police. They go after law abiding people knowing they will pay and let the lawless do whatever. The Dallas bicycle helmet law is a prime example. A white man at whiterock lake riding leisurely will get busted. A minority in downtown on a stolen bike with stolen goods will always get a free pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              I agree 100%. The problem is cities are corrupt and irresponsible with their funds. Then they start viewing law enforcement as a revenue center instead of as law enforcement. They even pass BS laws to create revenue via police. They go after law abiding people knowing they will pay and let the lawless do whatever. The Dallas bicycle helmet law is a prime example. A white man at whiterock lake riding leisurely will get busted. A minority in downtown on a stolen bike with stolen goods will always get a free pass.
              Spot on! If something is viewed as a revenue source instead of a penalty, then most cities/towns/counties/states/etc. will use it as such. They suck at budgeting and spending, so the answer is to make up revenue via law enforcement and the like. Follow the greenbacks if you want to know what governs policy...

Comment

Last edited by scootro; 10-13-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Based on early voting this far, TX isn't even purple. At least for this election.
                  1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                    Based on early voting this far, TX isn't even purple. At least for this election.
                    Oh don’t worry: operation stuff the ballot box will change that.

Comment

They are 100% determined to turn texas blue

Comment

They are 100% determined to turn texas blue

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=pocket-newtab
                        Its the only state that has enough populated land mass to outweigh the blue cities. If the rural areas don't vote, Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and El Paso will tilt the state. Was actually surprised Fort Worth went Beto last time.

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Repubs not doing enough in those cities is part of the problem. Republican party needs to start spending a lot more money there. That, and deport all illegals and their kids and grandkids. To the last. That would also help, really need to get started on that once the wall is complete and fully manned.
                          WH

Comment

San Antonio also going blue was a big eye opener.

A blue texas is coming, and its going to be a disaster. Once it turns i will be making my way to the Carolinas or up to Kansas.

Comment

A blue texas is coming, and its going to be a disaster. Once it turns i will be making my way to the Carolinas or up to Kansas.
                              Every major city in this country is filled with voter fraud and every major city also votes blue. Anyone who thinks this is mere coincidence is a fool. It’s the same reason money is pouring into the cities from dubious persons.

Comment

North Carolina will go blue in my opinion before much longer. Consider that Charlotte identifies itself more as a wanna-be Atlanta, Raleigh got on the PC train and took down their Confederate monuments, Asheville has become a hipster enclave, Chapel Hill has always been liberal (as it should be though), and the whole state is too close to Virginia which is already a lost cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X