Leah Pruett walks away from unbelievable crash in St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    Mechanical Engineering, and Materials Science. I also ran one of two teams in the NHRAs history to have swept a series. Ari Yallon was the driver and car owner; google it.
    No need to google. I’m just stirring the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      What car are those prices coming from? Generation, price history...etc.
      the newest car that was set for next year but has been moved back another year because the owners said "fuck you".

building a truck for daytona 2021, indycar suppliers have already f'd that up. we run a spec 3.25 gear with the sealed engine thing, Xtrac (indycar supplier of gearboxes) builds 9" ring and pinions that are now $4200 before you REM or lighten... knowing my luck, nascar will decide to add an inch of spoiler the week before the race and render a $6k nine inch chunk obsolete, "sorry guys, it's a 3.33 now....
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

They also use 347 stainless or inconel; you have to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

Different applications require different materials. Ask me about the time I made an absolutely elegant header for use with a turbo but I used the mandrel bends that were sold buy a major header manufacturer and were 16ga mild steel. Needless to say it didn't work out so well.
        touching story.... who the fuck DIDNT know we’ve been using inconel for the last 20+ years?
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          the newest car that was set for next year but has been moved back another year because the owners said "fuck you".

building a truck for daytona 2021, indycar suppliers have already f'd that up. we run a spec 3.25 gear with the sealed engine thing, Xtrac (indycar supplier of gearboxes) builds 9" ring and pinions that are now $4200 before you REM or lighten... knowing my luck, nascar will decide to add an inch of spoiler the week before the race and render a $6k nine inch chunk obsolete, "sorry guys, it's a 3.33 now....
          As far as I've seen dallara still hasn't been awarded sole source.

Either way...performance costs money and outsourcing the development costs in a near spec series lowers NRE expenses for all teams. The difference between formula 1 and indycar show this well.

I can understand it hurting as a low level team, but the sport has been dying for awhile now. And keeping such outdated tech on the track only makes that worse. Im going to laugh my ass off if formula e tops nascar because "let me keep muh carburetor dammit...its only $99"!!!11!

As nascar integrates more road courses and downforce...theres no way lower teams can afford to remain remotely competitive without the third party design involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            As far as I've seen dallara still hasn't been awarded sole source.

Either way...performance costs money and outsourcing the development costs in a near spec series lowers NRE expenses for all teams. The difference between formula 1 and indycar show this well.

I can understand it hurting as a low level team, but the sport has been dying for awhile now. And keeping such outdated tech on the track only makes that worse. Im going to laugh my ass off if formula e tops nascar because "let me keep muh carburetor dammit...its only $99"!!!11!

As nascar integrates more road courses and downforce...theres no way lower teams can afford to remain remotely competitive without the third party design involvement.
            few issues, #1 xtrac has already been awarded the gearbox contract even though harrah enterprises came in 30% lower, there were other bids as well from gear fx etc.

#2. cup hasn’t run a carburetor in 5 years..

#3. lets explain what happens when there is only 1 approved supplier for a particular part. Cup/busch inconel headers are roughly $7800 and you can build your own. Indycar has ONE place you can buy headers from, they are $17k/set...

i understand you not knowing any of the particulars because you’re not and never have been an owner, and sanctioning bodies don’t like their fans knowing what the business is all about.
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I understand you dont know how NRE works...why would someone running a low level team of a dying sport care about engineering as long as you can keep gluing lugnuts to your cheap steel wheels.

Seriously nothing you're saying does anything to refute the need for these dying race series to improve their tech. And none of them can front the engineering costs alone...so you have to have a cost sharing development process. Otherwise you end up like an F1 backmarker.

Edit: and your carburetor point just drives this all home. I know when regulations changed...having run a carb until 5 years ago shows how disconnected the sport is from the real world and exactly why it needs an update.
              Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 10-13-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

And don't even try and pretend like your business predictions on the F1 front have been accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                  touching story.... who the fuck DIDNT know we’ve been using inconel for the last 20+ years?
                  I made the header when I was a teenager, that was in the 80s. Back then no one outside of Aerospace even knew what inconel was.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Mechanical Engineering, and Materials Science. I also ran one of two teams in the NHRAs history to have swept a series. Ari Yallon was the driver and car owner; google it.
                    This is what happens when nervous hospitals are defunded.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      This is what happens when nervous hospitals are defunded.
                      I had no clue that a hospital could express emotions of any sort much less nervousness. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Since buildings now express emotions I wonder what some buildings feel? Are jails depressed because they think everyone hates them? Does AutoZone feel the same way your wife sometimes does in that they don't always like the feeling of all these Mexicans inside of them? Speaking of which dude; you should really change lawn services
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Mechanical Engineering, and Materials Science.
                        Post up pics of degrees/transcripts clearly showing the institution of higher learning which issued the documentation, and include a Dr. Pepper can in your pics.

Comment

I had no clue that a hospital could express emotions of any sort much less nervousness. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Since buildings now express emotions I wonder what some buildings feel? Are jails depressed because they think everyone hates them? Does AutoZone feel the same way your wife sometimes does in that they don't always like the feeling of all these Mexicans inside of them? Speaking of which dude; you should really change lawn services

You seem upset.

Don’t argue or fight with the pathological liar: It’s not worth your energy to argue with someone who lives in a fantasy or psychologically unstable world. Most liars lack an identity and struggle with feelings of insecurity and abandonment. Other pathological liars are simply sociopathic and overly confident. Either way, don’t argue or get into a confrontation with the liar because they will use circular arguing, demean you, and possibly create more lies to use in the future (possibly against you). You will never get to the truth, even with the use of intimidation. In some cases, you might get only half of the truth. It’s best to step back, work around the pathological liar, and keeping a safe distance.

Comment

^^^ Quite the contrary, I really enjoy having an opportunity to be a smartass.

Comment

^^^ Quite the contrary, I really enjoy having an opportunity to be a smartass.
                              "Pathological liars do not feel rejected; they have high levels of self-assurance that help them lie successfully. Unlike those with histrionic personality, pathological liars are more verbally dramatic than sexually flamboyant. Narcissists think they have achieved perfection and are unempathetic to others. PF patients do not show these anti-social behaviors; they often lie because they think their life is not interesting enough."

Comment

^^^ Do you have any original thoughts or do you simply cut and paste them from the writings of others?

If you're trying to insult me please use your own words instead of the words of others. Please tell me what you think instead of what someone else has told you that you think you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X