No announcement yet.

President-Elect Joe Biden declared today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget about defunding the police, let's talk about the real problem that everyone wants to ignore. The government needs to drastically cut what it spends. Forget about raising taxes to pay for it all, once you do that, they will just spend more because they can. The spending has to be cut and that means cuts to the hand outs. At some point someone has to be brave and tell people that if they worked for 70 years and didn't save a dime and want to rely purely on social security, they don't really get to retire.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      How would a single police force, in say a county, require less funding than multiple? I get that you would reduce costs through elimination of fewer layers of supervision and command, however the number of officers is still necessary. I'm not referencing a largely populated county, more so rural counties. Counties with multiple small towns where the county sherriff often provides support for cities that can only afford to staff one or two officers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Law enforcement has become an Army of occupiers and are exactly what the founding fathers were discussing when they express their fears of a standing army. The purpose of law enforcement is to keep people from harming one another and not to enforce crimes that exist merely through statute alone. Neuter the power of government and its over reach and eliminate the dogs that they sick on us to enforce those laws.

Eliminating police forces and sticking with Sheriff's Department's alone who are led by an elected official would be a great start at neutering unjust laws
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Forget about defunding the police, let's talk about the real problem that everyone wants to ignore. The government needs to drastically cut what it spends. Forget about raising taxes to pay for it all, once you do that, they will just spend more because they can. The spending has to be cut and that means cuts to the hand outs. At some point someone has to be brave and tell people that if they worked for 70 years and didn't save a dime and want to rely purely on social security, they don't really get to retire.
        100% this

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          Do you understand where Modern police departments originated from or their purpose? Why do we have multiple agencies for law enforcement in each County across the entire country? Do we really need four or five law enforcement agencies in a county or would one suffice?
          Local towns want their own police force so they can have more control over their police force. Also they want reasonable response times and not a 1 hour wait sometimes. Our response time is about 3 minutes or less, sometimes we are right in front of the house.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          This is accurate, school taxes are the worst offenders, but the list of taxes we pay from the gas pumps to our cell phones is ridiculous.

Law enforcement has become an Army of occupiers and are exactly what the founding fathers were discussing when they express their fears of a standing army. The purpose of law enforcement is to keep people from harming one another and not to enforce crimes that exist merely through statute alone. Neuter the power of government and its over reach and eliminate the dogs that they sick on us to enforce those laws.

Eliminating police forces and sticking with Sheriff's Department's alone who are led by an elected official would be a great start at neutering unjust laws
          Again, see my response above. However, I don't disagree with some of the fact that some of the stuff out there is petty bull shit. I was recently in a big leadership class and I went on a little rant about the tide is changing, people are tired of our surprise taxes, and do you think Marshal Dillon sat around and tried to figure out how to tax people for their horse not having a shoe. I even brought up Eric Garner, who died over a cigarettes tax law. Procedurally the cops were doing their job, and he was wrong, but should we have been there to begin with? As law enforcement we need to listen to the people. If they want to legalize Heroin and Meth, that's their prerogative. I think if they legalized everything, it would swing that way for a while, then when people saw the ramifications they would clean themselves up over a generation or make hard shit illegal again. I got into this job because it looked cool. I have enough experience now that I know I do this job because I enjoy helping people and my last resort is always punitive. Unfortunately, the only people that seemed to praise my little speech was the lady from the hospital and the worldly experienced instructor. At this point in my life I don't give a F what other chiefs and command level personnel thinks, and I am high enough up the food chain to make a difference in my community. Plus, my whole criminal history reform theory is solid.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Local towns want their own police force so they can have more control over their police force. Also they want reasonable response times and not a 1 hour wait sometimes. Our response time is about 3 minutes or less, sometimes we are right in front of the house.

This is accurate, school taxes are the worst offenders, but the list of taxes we pay from the gas pumps to our cell phones is ridiculous.

Again, see my response above. However, I don't disagree with some of the fact that some of the stuff out there is petty bull shit. I was recently in a big leadership class and I went on a little rant about the tide is changing, people are tired of our surprise taxes, and do you think Marshal Dillon sat around and tried to figure out how to tax people for their horse not having a shoe. I even brought up Eric Garner, who died over a cigarettes tax law. Procedurally the cops were doing their job, and he was wrong, but should we have been there to begin with? As law enforcement we need to listen to the people. If they want to legalize Heroin and Meth, that's their prerogative. I think if they legalized everything, it would swing that way for a while, then when people saw the ramifications they would clean themselves up over a generation or make hard shit illegal again. I got into this job because it looked cool. I have enough experience now that I know I do this job because I enjoy helping people and my last resort is always punitive. Unfortunately, the only people that seemed to praise my little speech was the lady from the hospital and the worldly experienced instructor. At this point in my life I don't give a F what other chiefs and command level personnel thinks, and I am high enough up the food chain to make a difference in my community. Plus, my whole criminal history reform theory is solid.
            Well, we appreciate what you are trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              Well, we appreciate what you are trying to do.
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

This is one if our government’s largest problems. There is no good method to affect change at the lowest levels. The people that know what should be done get 100% of the blame, no support, and cannot make things better.

There are definitely bad police, but the good ones (the majority) are crushed by bureaucrats all the same. The military is similar. The people on the front lines that know are just crushed in the middle (see Portland an ongoing example).

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  X2
                  X3

Comment

I'm quite happy that the police shoot black guys and I still want to eliminate the police. They don't really serve a purpose in our society that could not be met elsewhere.

Do you understand where Modern police departments originated from or their purpose? Why do we have multiple agencies for law enforcement in each County across the entire country? Do we really need four or five law enforcement agencies in a county or would one suffice?
                    I agree we don't need nearly as many agencies, but I think any concern about the police could be handled with policy change. They just don't do x, y, and z bullshit behavior anymore and now they do a, b, and c which are very good and helpful services to their city. Keep in mind not everyone is armed to the teeth and can fight attackers and win. Not everyone has the will to just blow away criminals on the spot. Or the ability.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      I agree we don't need nearly as many agencies, but I think any concern about the police could be handled with policy change. They just don't do x, y, and z bullshit behavior anymore and now they do a, b, and c which are very good and helpful services to their city. Keep in mind not everyone is armed to the teeth and can fight attackers and win. Not everyone has the will to just blow away criminals on the spot. Or the ability.
                      The cops aren't going to do shit if the bad guy has already kicked your door in.

Comment

I really wish it was as simple as wishing a ($&&_+) would.

No one is going to do shit. I think Trump might concede if he's not bringing anything out. I've been "prepping" for most my life, but I always was raised as it being living. If this shit show is now America, I've prepped. Really prepared. So what, they've taxed me to oblivion.

Comment

This sham is collapsing fast. This all ends by Thanksgiving except the RRRRREEEEEE from the diehard Commies. They are going to burn down what’s left of their blue strongholds.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            The cops aren't going to do shit if the bad guy has already kicked your door in.
                            You don't know that. I could come up with all the reports in the world that show where someone hiding in the house (or escaped) called the cops and they showed up and hauled the intruder to jail. Or shot em. And yes, there's a million others where they didn't get there in time. Point is you never know, and I'm sure the cops have saved 10 million more lives than they've taken. Just hauling one scumbag off the street and throwing him in prison for 10 years for pimping out teens (dfw in recent years) will save lives.

Again, this ain't you. This is your granny that can't even think fast enough to realize what's happening, let alone grab a gun and start shooting. Or the 25 year old "strong independent woman" who doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against the guy who's after her or her stuff. There are a billion different instances when the police saved those lives.

Nothing wrong with having someone you can call to come help you. They just need some big changes to their policy and what they're allowed to do. Will they ever get them is another story, but hey. The idea is sound.
                            WH

Comment

Working...
                            X