Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Supplements For A 12 Year Old?? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supplements For A 12 Year Old??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never would have guessed, that is interesting...
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That kid's gonna have so many hormones pumping through his body he won't need any supplements. This is the perfect time to teach him to eat healthy. Lots of lean meats, hell, even fatty meats early in the day, lots of veggies (No dressing. A lot of dressing contains soy), fruits, nuts. Try and get the majority of his carbs from yams and sweet potatoes, and if he wants, throw in some whole wheat products. Cook his meals for him and y'all make it a bonding experience and teach him how to cook as well. This could be a great time to change your eating habits, too. As far as vitamins go, if he eats healthy, he'll get all the vitamins and nutrients that he'll need and more. If you want to throw in a multi-vitamin during breakfast or something though, it shouldn't hurt. Also, make sure that he SLEEPS. Sleep is one of the most important things for growing teenagers and basically any human being.

Basically, teach him to be naturally healthy. While his friends are putting back energy drinks and creatine, he'll have more energy than any of them.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Thank you so much! I read this while I was waiting on him to finish today and he was pretty happy.

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        That kid's gonna have so many hormones pumping through his body he won't need any supplements. This is the perfect time to teach him to eat healthy. Lots of lean meats, hell, even fatty meats early in the day, lots of veggies (No dressing. A lot of dressing contains soy), fruits, nuts. Try and get the majority of his carbs from yams and sweet potatoes, and if he wants, throw in some whole wheat products. Cook his meals for him and y'all make it a bonding experience and teach him how to cook as well. This could be a great time to change your eating habits, too. As far as vitamins go, if he eats healthy, he'll get all the vitamins and nutrients that he'll need and more. If you want to throw in a multi-vitamin during breakfast or something though, it shouldn't hurt. Also, make sure that he SLEEPS. Sleep is one of the most important things for growing teenagers and basically any human being.

Basically, teach him to be naturally healthy. While his friends are putting back energy drinks and creatine, he'll have more energy than any of them.
        If that isn't the truth I don't know what is! His mom kicked him out of bed early and sat him down for a good breakfast and he said it helped tremendously. Lunch went over very well today and he asked if I would bring him more tomorrow so I just finished batch cooking for him for a few days since our trial went well. As far as teaching I do what I can as I am not his mom and he no longer lives with me. He is a good kid and has pretty clean eating habits.......and he can put away some food!

I know you work for 24 hour and you can PM me if you want, but any good exercises for him to do? I have plans to take him Saturday to throw the ball and run a bit, but as far as what would benefit him the most I am lost. I've never been a 12 year old boy, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
          Thank you so much! I read this while I was waiting on him to finish today and he was pretty happy.

If that isn't the truth I don't know what is! His mom kicked him out of bed early and sat him down for a good breakfast and he said it helped tremendously. Lunch went over very well today and he asked if I would bring him more tomorrow so I just finished batch cooking for him for a few days since our trial went well. As far as teaching I do what I can as I am not his mom and he no longer lives with me. He is a good kid and has pretty clean eating habits.......and he can put away some food!

I know you work for 24 hour and you can PM me if you want, but any good exercises for him to do? I have plans to take him Saturday to throw the ball and run a bit, but as far as what would benefit him the most I am lost. I've never been a 12 year old boy, lol.
          Low impact stuff is the key. High impact exercises will stunt growth. As far as specific exercises go though, functional exercises are the best as far as sports go. Squats, dead lifts, cleans, shoulder presses, push-ups, sit-ups, running, swimming, cycling. Kettlebells are great. A lot of these workouts need to be done with good form so find somebody that knows a bit about it.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
          X