Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have experience sleeping on the floor/bedmat/etc...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have experience sleeping on the floor/bedmat/etc...?

So as some have seen in my posts, I'm really getting into this Paleo thing and apparently there are a lot of benefits to sleeping on a hard surface. I tried doing the floor (carpet) with a comforter below me and woke up feeling like I got gang raped by baseball bats. I looked into doing a 2" memory foam pad, and maybe something like a sheep skin rug on top of it.

Anybody else do this, or something similar? I've also considered a cot but it doesn't make sense to spend $100+ on one.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Feline sleep cycle or bust.

But for what it's worth, I slept on a cot for half a semester during undergrad and I loved it. I'm pretty restless and struggle to fall asleep, so being confined to the smaller space of a cot really helped me sleep. I kind of enjoy sleeping on the ground, but as you said it can be pretty rough, so a cot is a nice compromise. The downside is that they can be expensive. I kept my eyes peeled and found a decent model on sale for $60, and still use it occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Feline sleep cycle or bust.

But for what it's worth, I slept on a cot for half a semester during undergrad and I loved it. I'm pretty restless and struggle to fall asleep, so being confined to the smaller space of a cot really helped me sleep. I kind of enjoy sleeping on the ground, but as you said it can be pretty rough, so a cot is a nice compromise. The downside is that they can be expensive. I kept my eyes peeled and found a decent model on sale for $60, and still use it occasionally.
      I'm the same. I move around a lot when I sleep and I'm pretty sure I slept on my side when I tried it. I think that might be why it hurt. I just don't know if after time I'll train myself to sleep on my back or stomach.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Military-Cot/dp/B0006TTW22[/ame]

I slept for years on one of these. Come back home sleeping on an expensive ass mattress and have back pains.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
        X