Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#@$@$$#~ This years gonna fight me all the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #@$@$$#~ This years gonna fight me all the way.

First my elbow is busted. Not as bad as Stangin but enough to keep me side lined from lifting for a while. Doc said tendonitis that should go away. Its only bad when I do something like lat pulldowns, fly, or pull ups. I banged my inner elbow on my right arm two days in a row on a AR15 mount then it just got worse and worse. It is all the inner elbow and no where else. Mainly it just burns like a son of bitch. So I have been focusing on cardio and burning some pretty decent weight off in the last month. Well wed I threw in a quick 40 sit ups and I will be damned I have pulled a muscle in my lower abs. Nothing like the occasional muscle spasm to try and finish me off and remind me I am getting old. Maybe my body is telling me to take a long break. LOL
    Whos your Daddy?

Sorry to hear that, try going a bit lighter, a bit of rest, heat, and ice.
    You are on the right track, work around the injury until it is fully healed.
    I'm not into pain pills like most serious lifters get hooked to.
    My best friend has always been ibuprofen.
    My elbow is getting better and I am about up to 80% strength of where I was.
    I have worked my legs very hard for the last month, actually about to leave and go hit them now.
    My ex gf dumped me and was cheating on me with some dude that proposed to her, so my motivation level has went out the roof!!!
    Stick with it, like I said...just work around the injuries, we all are getting old, lol.

Comment

Im sorry.. I was on the up, until last night, when I got a bad case of food poisoning at Red Robin, and I lost 3 lbs, that I had worked hard to get. Now I am back to square one. I have been taking cissus q for my joints and honestly no matter how much I lift, I do not have joint pains anymore. You may google it, Im not sure if it could help you with tendon problems, but my joints were in bad shape, and now I do not feel any pain at all.
      2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
      2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Mine is a what came first thing. I remember banging my damn elbow and it hurt like a bi$$$ but at the same time I was becoming very interested in pull ups for shoulders and bi's. It would only hurt during full extension and then once I burned thru it a few times it would not hurt the rest of the work out. The next couple of days it would bother me and then it would always taper off after a few days. It started getting worse on the off days so I backed off. This is the same one I broke every bone in around 03 so who knows. I am really not worried about my strength since I am at the level I like to maintain and it wont be long to get back. I was already starting to ramp up my cardio from a few months back so it is all good. I pulled that ab the other night and got into bed with an actute pain in the middle right of my belly. Then I got to messing around laying a dog fence yesterday, then threw a spare tire and winch on my Jeep last night. LOL Today my ab is feeling better so we shall see how the day goes. I am going to be gentle on it today. It was funny because really not to many isssues working on the Jeep then I went into my spare room last night and was packing up some DVD's. I was leaning over a box just a little and I started having spasms again.

Sorry to here about it Stangin but never forget there are a bazillion women out there. Be glad you found out now rather then later. It took me 9 years to realize my ex was bat shit crazy and divorce is a money grabbing mess. I have been with my current wife for 6 years and she is bad ass so no regrets.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Sorry to here about it Stangin but never forget there are a bazillion women out there. Be glad you found out now rather then later. It took me 9 years to realize my ex was bat shit crazy and divorce is a money grabbing mess. I have been with my current wife for 6 years and she is bad ass so no regrets.
          Thank you, I appreciate that.
          My money is on lockdown, lol.

I hope your elbow gets better and please keep us posted.

Comment

So I did a hour of cardio last night and my ab was a tad better . Then about 3am last night I was laying on my side watching a leak in my foundation and pulled a muscle in my neck. @!##@# *&%^$^$. Ok who has the vodoo doll this isnt funny. LOL
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              So I did a hour of cardio last night and my ab was a tad better . Then about 3am last night I was laying on my side watching a leak in my foundation and pulled a muscle in my neck. @!##@# *&%^$^$. Ok who has the vodoo doll this isnt funny. LOL
              That's funny. I woke up Friday morning and was yawning/stretching and tweaked something in my neck. It just started feeling better today.

Sent from my DROID3
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

If I have tendonitis or ligament injuries it always feels better to do a really long warm up before working them. One of my biceps has given me trouble for months and I can work it pretty hard as long as I warm it up with about six sets of girl weight. You might try it.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                  My ex gf dumped me and was cheating on me with some dude that proposed to her, so my motivation level has went out the roof!!!
                  sorry to hear that man, don't get caught in the trap of thinking it was you or something you could have changed/prevented/etc. some chicks are crazy, dishonest, mean, etc. (and some or a combination of all three). i know nothing i can say will offer any consolation, but if you are ever in the n. arlington area lemme know and we can hit up la fitness (i can get folks in) or go beat on my coupe for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    sorry to hear that man, don't get caught in the trap of thinking it was you or something you could have changed/prevented/etc. some chicks are crazy, dishonest, mean, etc. (and some or a combination of all three). i know nothing i can say will offer any consolation, but if you are ever in the n. arlington area lemme know and we can hit up la fitness (i can get folks in) or go beat on my coupe for a while.
                    I appreciate it dude.
                    I guess I need to change the hookup thread, as I no longer speak with my ex.
                    My friends(male and female) have really been a great help during this time.
                    Training sessions have been off the hook!!!
                    I've offered you before to come hit up 24hr with me and the offer still stands.
                    Shoot me your facebook name and I will add you on there.

Comment

Stangin where you located at dude? Sorry to her about the stupid ex dude. Been there done that... Most women are nothing but scandalous bitches.

Comment

Damn reality shows and chick flicks have them living in fantasy land.

Neck feels better, but swinging around in the attic has tweaked me ab again a bit. Ha ha damn it.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Take it easy foo! Make the woman get up in that attic!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                            Take it easy foo! Make the woman get up in that attic!
                            When I want to get shit done I just do it. When I think it is going to save me a bunch of money I can fight thru a little pain. LOL I worked on that about 2-3 hours and cleaned it all up then went to the gym and burned 1200 calories on the spin bike for a little over an hour. To think I am even on vacation.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Well I have been sidelined about a week or so on muscle relaxers and pain killers. Turns out I strained/pulled the hell out of my lower right oblique. I kicked the meds yesterday and I still feel some minor tingling around that area and some "thickness?" on that side but no pain. Gonna do some mild cardio tonight and stay away from lifting for a couple of more weeks. For sure not going to do abs for a while. LOL Good news is my arm is better. I did bi's, tri's and shoulders the day before I decided to go to the doc and it felt fine the next day. Oh and for the record I dont think there is anything you do in life that doesnt involve your abs.

Odd thing is I was doing a lot of research and found an article on livestrong that was pretty set on staying away from abs after doing a bunch of cardio that involves the abs"everything". Not sure I believe that but after this just maybe. Hell when I lift and do abs I usually do around 300 mixed up in sets so this was strange pulling it after 40 sit ups.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X