No announcement yet.

Is 24hourfitness running off customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 24hourfitness running off customers?

I swear the gym in Mansfield is trying to run people off by not maintaining equipment.

There are several ellipticals and treadmills that are constantly down for service. It seems to take forever for them to make simple repairs to equipment.

I swear it seems like they are trying to run off customers so corporate can justify closing this gym.

Just today there are half of the cable machines out of service. This one has the retainer missing from the cable end that holds the stopping ball in place.

If you have the cable in a high position, it's fine.

If you have the cable in a low position and doing bicep curls, the ball travels down the cable to the pulley and creates a huge amount of drag.

I had to go to the front desk and get a rubber band to hold the ball in place so I could use the machine.

Downtime at the one I go to is about a week. The longest I've seen a piece of equipment down was 3 weeks.
    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

It's a corporation dude. It's cheap because they're stingy with money. Stick to fee weights(loke a man) and you'll be ok.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        It's a corporation dude. It's cheap because they're stingy with money. Stick to fee weights(loke a man) and you'll be ok.
        You still have to change your shit up man.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          You still have to change your shit up man.
          I'm not the corporation. Do you think I like having people come up to me bitching all the time? Being a manager now, I'm expected to "do" something about it when all I can do is put it in a system and cross my fingers.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

The one in Bedford did the same thing to me once, I just grabbed the mexican maintenance man and pointed out the issue to him(he don’t exactly speak English, lol).
            It was fixed in a couple days.

PS - I am used to machines breaking all the time(see the stepmills at pretty much any 24hr fitness), you just have to work around the issues and make do with what you got.

Comment

The big gyms don't make their money on the people that come and use the equipment. They make their money on the people that get memberships and never go.

Comment

For what it's worth, I know a couple of the trainers for 24 hour in the DFW area that both have noticed a decline in job satisfaction and management input. Both are now going to Gold's.

It's just their complaint, both are in the same gym - so it maybe isolated to them.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  For what it's worth, I know a couple of the trainers for 24 hour in the DFW area that both have noticed a decline in job satisfaction and management input. Both are now going to Gold's.

It's just their complaint, both are in the same gym - so it maybe isolated to them.
                  Nope, I know quite a few 24hr trainers that constantly complain about how corporate does not care/reward them in anyway.
                  Most quit or moved onward after a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    I swear the gym in Mansfield is trying to run people off by not maintaining equipment.

There are several ellipticals and treadmills that are constantly down for service. It seems to take forever for them to make simple repairs to equipment.

I swear it seems like they are trying to run off customers so corporate can justify closing this gym.

Just today there are half of the cable machines out of service. This one has the retainer missing from the cable end that holds the stopping ball in place.

If you have the cable in a high position, it's fine.

If you have the cable in a low position and doing bicep curls, the ball travels down the cable to the pulley and creates a huge amount of drag.

I had to go to the front desk and get a rubber band to hold the ball in place so I could use the machine.

If you want to drive down to lifetime I will let you use my guest pass. Few times to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                      Nope, I know quite a few 24hr trainers that constantly complain about how corporate does not care/reward them in anyway.
                      Most quit or moved onward after a few months.
                      It's a shame then. We live too far out now to use either of them, no gyms nearby - but at least for the purpose of the standard housewife - etc they both did great things for my wife. I know people say they are substandard trainers supposedly, but at least these two take their jobs very serious.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                      X