No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a goal, but it is more so a long term goal that I set years ago.
    It is very simple though, to give it my best each and every day I got into the gym!
    I've been lifting daily for 10 years now(last 3 years more of a priority in my life) and I think I am finally seeing the type of results that I want to see and achieve, but I still see a ton of room for improvement in many areas.
    Currently my goal has been increasing my cardiovascular health and I'm now to where I can do 1.5-2 miles of stairs in 15 mins on the stair mill(which is one of my biggest achievements).
    I've pretty much met all of my strength goals, but still love lifting heavy quite often.
    I'm currently 6/4 and fluctuate between 230-240lbs and probably right around 10% bodyfat(I'm not measuring until I am right where I want to be).
    *** bottom picture is most recent ***

Comment

Justin- What level/speed do you have the stairmill set on?

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
        Justin- What level/speed do you have the stair mill set on?
        Depends on how new the stair mill machine is.
        I go to a couple different gyms and they do differ at each.
        The stair mill with the red numbers and red dots(not yellow/orange), I do it on level 7, moving up to level 9(I think the max is level 12 or something).

At first it feels like it's not that fast, but once that heart rate rises and fatigue kicks in and you are literally covered in sweat, gasping for air, spitting, drooling, and slinging sweat everywhere, you realize...fuck, I am only 3 mins into doing this damn thing!!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
          Depends on how new the stair mill machine is.
          I go to a couple different gyms and they do differ at each.
          The stair mill with the red numbers and red dots(not yellow/orange), I do it on level 7, moving up to level 9(I think the max is level 12 or something).

At first it feels like it's not that fast, but once that heart rate rises and fatigue kicks in and you are literally covered in sweat, gasping for air, spitting, drooling, and slinging sweat everywhere, you realize...fuck, I am only 3 mins into doing this damn thing!!! haha
          LOL- I know the feeling.. that's the only thing I miss about 24hr,the stairs.. the gym I'm at now doesn't have them.

Comment

I hate stairmasters. S4L, are you planning on doing a vertical marathon or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I hate stairmasters. S4L, are you planning on doing a vertical marathon or something?
              What most people call a stairmaster, I consider a joke.
              I am pretty sure you know exactly which machine I am talking about though whenever I reference a stair mill.

I just simply am pushing myself to the limit of what my body will take.
              I did try two a days, 7 days a week, and that only lasted about 3 weeks until my body completely shut down on me.
              Then I knew I had to back off a bit.

There is ALWAYS room for improvement in every aspect of life though.
              I actually have learned quite a bit from this very forum and group of members(such as Cliff Bars from WL, supinated grip dumb bell raises from Big A, and protein and vitamin knowledge from Greg, etc...).
              I also am very proud of some of the people on here...such as FFC, he is a true testament to hard work and dedication and producing results.
              I hope that I give some motivation to others, as others have given me!

Comment

Yeah I knew what machine you were referring to...and still hate it lol. But then again I only hate it because it's effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  I read something pretty interesting about motivation:

While motivation is responsible for creating action, action is also responsible for creating more motivation. One cannot exist without the other.

So just the action of going to the gym one time, adds a little more motivation to get you to go the next time, and so on.

Also if you can do something for 30 days straight, it's more likely to become habit, versus something you're trying to do. For going to the gym, it's not 30 days in a row, but 30 days of actually going to the gym, so if you go 3 days a week, it could take you 10 weeks before it becomes a habit.
                  I re-joined the gym Wednesday and started going yesterday. I will probably go M-F and take the weekends off. My problem is that I have no idea what to do when I'm there. I go, get on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes then leave. I want to have a 'plan' to follow so I don't get discouraged and give up, but I know nothing about this stuff. lol

Right now I'm at 24 hour, i have been going alone, i'd love to have someone else to go with. I know Nate has one there too, and has been talking about meeting up, but he's all over the place with his times/workouts.
                  I'm at 24, too. Which one do you go to? I've been going to the one in Bedford since it's close.
                  Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                  Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                  Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                  You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Leah, I go to the one off Alpha in Plano, or the one in Coppell when I'm closer to home.

As for following a routine, it's not that hard, there are lots of website out there that have women specific routines to follow, along with videos of the exercises.

Just do a little research and you'll find something that works for you

Comment

Leah, I go to the one off Alpha in Plano, or the one in Coppell when I'm closer to home.

As for following a routine, it's not that hard, there are lots of website out there that have women specific routines to follow, along with videos of the exercises.

And he's about to start going to the one on 183 in Irving.

I'm going to go grab that deal from Costco, and I'll be ready in about two weeks or so. Working on some things that Ross directed me to in the meantime, the shoulder saver stuff.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Cool-I'll check it out.
                        Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I'm going to go grab that deal from Costco, and I'll be ready in about two weeks or so. Working on some things that Ross directed me to in the meantime, the shoulder saver stuff.
                        I could do the one in Irving-that's not too far. Let me know-it was a lot easier when I was going with Don and those guys. They would kick my ass. lol
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

shoulder saver stuff is good, there's also some great resistance band easy exercises you can do to help with the rotator cuff. You could carry the bands in your laptop bag, and do em on the road or at the office too

Comment

shoulder saver stuff is good, there's also some great resistance band easy exercises you can do to help with the rotator cuff. You could carry the bands in your laptop bag, and do em on the road or at the office too
                            Yeah, I need to order some.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

A little update, 25 days no cigarettes, no alcohol since superbowl. Down 25 pounds so far.

Baby steps, baby steps.

Comment

Hey Matt, I'm moving to Carrolltown, and will likely lift at 24. Interested?

Comment

Working...
                                X