good Lord...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
    I really have no idea how people are affording these 70k loaded Raptors and new diesels i see driving around everywhere. Coming a lot from someone who drives a 40k focus, and that was a BIG purchase for me.
    7-8yr financing options or they're living in them and saving on a mortgage/rent, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      7-8yr financing options or they're living in them and saving on a mortgage/rent, lol
      Or they simply have a higher annual income. When piddling around Frisco I'll see $100k+ rides regularly, who are likely parking them in the garages of the nearby million dollar homes (with a yard measured in sqft).

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Or they simply have a higher annual income. When piddling around Frisco I'll see $100k+ rides regularly, who are likely parking them in the garages of the nearby million dollar homes (with a yard measured in sqft).
        Yet the power goes out when the wind blows over 5 mph.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
          05-07 only for me. I've got a 05 and a 07 that have both been great trucks, but I've put about $5k into the 05. Still couldn't come close to buying the truck it is for what I have in it. My 07 has only had about $2500 into it and it's sitting at 220k. These are great trucks that are way way cheaper to fix than a 6.7 in the 11+ Ford's.

Now, you couldn't give me a 6.4.
          I work with 4 guys that drive 6.0’s and get to hear about them. Done a couple turbo jobs on them. They all have spare cars just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            I really have no idea how people are affording these 70k loaded Raptors and new diesels i see driving around everywhere. Coming a lot from someone who drives a 40k focus, and that was a BIG purchase for me.
            The Focus is now 40k?!?! Holy Shites

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              The Focus is now 40k?!?! Holy Shites
              The Mustang is now $70k when painting with the same broad brush.

Comment

The new vehicle thing is because there are a lot of stuff figure jobs now. I'm just outside of Nashville and even a medium size plant supervisor can make $150k here as a base.

Then you've got your 84 month people.

Comment

My 15 GT was 40k out the door TT&L can't wait till we pay that last payment. We are keeping that bastard until the doors fall off, then getting new doors. First and only new car I've ever purchased. It was fun being the only 15 GT at the car meets for a few months and having crowds gather to look at it. Yesterday I went to CVS and when I came out there where two more parked next to me. lol
                  I figure in 30 years it will be cool to say I have a fist year one owner car. Until then I'll just be another asshole in a cookie cutter car. But I'll be damned if I'm going to ever drop that much money on a car again.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    My 15 GT was 40k out the door TT&L can't wait till we pay that last payment. We are keeping that bastard until the doors fall off, then getting new doors. First and only new car I've ever purchased. It was fun being the only 15 GT at the car meets for a few months and having crowds gather to look at it. Yesterday I went to CVS and when I came out there where two more parked next to me. lol
                    I figure in 30 years it will be cool to say I have a fist year one owner car. Until then I'll just be another asshole in a cookie cutter car. But I'll be damned if I'm going to ever drop that much money on a car again.
                    That's pretty much me with my Camaro SS. Only difference is that I had the last one before the 19 facelift.

Comment

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I bought the first BMW X4 in Sacramento, then bought the '17 GT new, and have been daydreaming lately about what to replace them both with.

I will say that at this point leasing is starting to make a whole bunch more sense, if I can keep myself from modding the new rides. I have zero emotional attachment to either vehicle.

Comment

These new vehicle prices are insane, which I guess is a blessing in disguise cause that's probably what's keeping me from buying another. When I got my 15 denali, I worked them down to 38k but I at least felt like I got more sheet metal for my $.

I couldn't fathom the idea of getting a new, loaded out truck nowadays.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a new ranger but think a year or two from now the used ones wouldn't be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            These new vehicle prices are insane, which I guess is a blessing in disguise cause that's probably what's keeping me from buying another. When I got my 15 denali, I worked them down to 38k but I at least felt like I got more sheet metal for my $.

I couldn't fathom the idea of getting a new, loaded out truck nowadays.
                            ^^ this

These days I'd rather drive a paid-for high mileage beater and spend that money on other things. I shelled out about $32k for a new F150 4x4 in 2004, and while that truck was very, very nice - that's the last time I'll ever do that

Comment

I bought another Ram as a beater, because I really liked my other one, wanted to keep it a while, and needed to stop driving it daily to keep the miles off. Maybe put more lift on it since I don’t daily it anymore, etc.

The beater is working out so well, I’m really tempted to sell the 4x4. It just sits.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                I bought another Ram as a beater, because I really liked my other one, wanted to keep it a while, and needed to stop driving it daily to keep the miles off. Maybe put more lift on it since I don’t daily it anymore, etc.

The beater is working out so well, I’m really tempted to sell the 4x4. It just sits.

What year and how much are you looking to get? My brother in law is looking for an 03-08 ram right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X