Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's watching the State of the Union address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    Saw that too. Tension over a future primary opponent?
    White bitch wouldn't drink from his black gift.

Comment

Paul Ryan...the man.

Comment

What the, I just watched a guy say that he should have touched more on gun control and regulating to 10rnd mags and he said its widely supported? Huh, in what country is it WIDELY supported?

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
          - Spending freeze
          - cut in corporate tax
          - end oil subsidies
          - clean energy 2035
          - 400bln in spending cuts
          - middle east/korean/iran peace talks
          - Korea trade deal
          - colombia/panama trade pacts

Notes so far.

Read an interesting article in the WP this weekend which basically says 2012 is Obama's to lose. If the government does what my notes say above I'd have to say the article is correct. He can lose quite a few of the states in 2008 he won and still have the required electoral votes.

If he hits correctly on the mandated health insurance issue I'd say he'd be a shoe in for another term.
          Keep in mind, people, that a spending freeze is NOT the same as a spending cut. I've learned a lot being on the spending side of government including its lingo. I did not watch it, but it sounds like he just trying to sound like he's in the center in a general sense. Did he drop a social security bomb yet?

Comment

I didn't see one second of what that dipshit had to say. It is interesting that now he is trying to be a friend to business when he has been the exact opposite for the past two years. He is nothing but a fucking liar with a hidden leftist agenda.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Who was the guy with the Hitler stache to Obama's left as he was walking down the aisle? He shook hands with him, big old white guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Who was the guy with the Hitler stache to Obama's left as he was walking down the aisle? He shook hands with him, big old white guy.
                David Axelrod?

And oil is up pretty good today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  David Axelrod?

It was someone in the audience, looked like a fat version of John Bolton

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    David Axelrod?

Our stock is up 5% today so far. ( NOV)
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Just about everything is. Yay! This is true recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                        I want to hear how the State of Our Union is, I like Politics and I what to hear the President Speak. Tonight is an important night for all American, it is the State of the Union Address were he will address a joint session of Congress.
                        The real question should be, "why would you not" if you have the time.
                        I really liked how President Obama hyped up China during our American State of the Union Address. How much more of a little worm could he become?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          More oversight (by a private, non-partisan company) on social security and medicare is a step in the right direction. It won't happen.
                          More oversight by a for-profit company that's non-partisan? Doesn't exist.

Originally posted by Geor!
                          Social security reform. Increase the age to 72 for starters. Not sure what to do after that -- it's a government approved/sanctioned ponzi scheme.
                          Maybe 70, but even that is too draconian for manual laborers and such who would have a very hard time being physically able to work to age 70+.

Originally posted by Geor!
                          Government pensions? Not anymore.
                          Sour grapes?

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Privatize, like what Bush 43 said he wanted to do (but never did). We'd all be freakin' millionaires if we took our OWN SSN contributions and rolled it into 401k type plan.
                          Agreed

Comment

As soon as you utter the word "privatize" you will start seeing Democrats on TV scaring old people, saying "they want your social security money to be put into the (insert scary music here) STOCK MARKET". Nevermind the fact that the idea of privatization only included 2% of the money a person pays in.

Fact is, the Democrats want that money to keep rolling in so they can keep dolling it out today, stealing from future generations and buying votes. The Republicans aren't much better either, except they don't get on TV and flat ass lie about it.

It kind of reminds me of the articles from last week where the idea was being kicked around Congress that states could declare bankruptcy. The Democrats were completely against it. Why you ask? Because if states could file for bankruptcy then they could make public union contracts null and void. Even the threat of bankruptcy would cut the nuts off of California's unions. The Democrats would much rather have the people continue as slaves to these unions.

This is like Tammany Hall all over again, except the modern Democrats buy their votes from the Mexicans and union members instead of the Irish.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Maybe 70, but even that is too draconian for manual laborers and such who would have a very hard time being physically able to work to age 70+.
                              70? Find someone that is willing to hire workers over 55 - it ain't happening. And 45-55 is starting to be a hard row to hoe.

Comment

There is no reason to listen to a state of the union address. Perhaps if it were Ronnie talking back in the 80's I would. Not from any after him though. Least of all this asshat. Why listen to someone talk when its going to be nothing more than double talk, buzzwords, half truth, and sugar coating? No point.

Comment

Working...
                                X