No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotcha. Man that Insanity is no joke. I did their fit test video and it was brutal. You'll lean out for sure! Do it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      Gotcha. Man that Insanity is no joke. I did their fit test video and it was brutal. You'll lean out for sure! Do it!!
      When she did the fit test for Insanity last June, she puked. lol But she got right back in there and finished and she hasn't stopped since. Her physical transformation has been insane since then.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I am closer and closer to deadlifting 300. Not bad for out of shape 2 months ago and haven't done legs in years...and I got skinny legs. I pulled 275 after working up with a bunch of weight and reps before. I think I could pull 300 after a short warm up. I think I might even give it a shot next week when I get home.

So far week 3 of www.blackironbeast.com doing the 5/3/1 has been real good to me. Tomorrow is bench and I think I can best the numbers the program calls for too. Then squats on Saturday.

I am running through these without days off this week since I fly home and can use those 2 days as rest days.

Comment

• Fucking nailed it. Finished the 3rd week, the heavy week of the program. The top weight number for squats today was 225 for 1? (meaning I should barely be able to do it) after 5 sets of weight working up. I did 225lb 3 times and had more gas in the tank to do 10 sets of 170 and 135 on the way back down.

Perfect way to leave on R&R tomorrow for 2 rest days then a easy week and start all over again with new goals.

Comment

• Rock on Keith! That's awesome!

Comment

• Glad to see everyone is still at it!!
              Y'all keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                Glad to see everyone is still at it!!
                Y'all keep up the good work!
                I wish my shoulder joints can keep up. Most times after chest/tri's or shoulder days I'm popping some Motrin and sleeping on my back cause my shoulders are hurting.

Comment

I wish my shoulder joints can keep up. Most times after chest/tri's or shoulder days I'm popping some Motrin and sleeping on my back cause my shoulders are hurting.
                  Try keeping your elbows in at the bottom on every lift including overhead dumb bell press.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

How much rear delt/upper back work do you do? Face pulls, pull ups, and rows can help keep everything "in balance".

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Try keeping your elbows in at the bottom on every lift including overhead dumb bell press.
                      I'll try this out this weekend...so are you talking like a close-grip press or just don't flare out the elbows (which I do)

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                      How much rear delt/upper back work do you do? Face pulls, pull ups, and rows can help keep everything "in balance".
                      Lately I've been doing incline rows w/ 55's, rear delt rows w/ 55's, and reverse fly's w/ 20's. Now that I think about it, I haven't done pull ups (assisted) in like 6 weeks. I don't recall how long ago the shoulder thing started but it might be within the last 2 months or so.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

• I hit a personal best this evening with the dumbbells on the flat bench. My warm up consisted of 3 sets of dips on the machine with 225lbs, then 3 sets of pushups to get the blood flowing. Went to the bench, warmed up with 45's. Then got to work.

First set was 75 lb'ers for 7
                        Second set was 80 lb'ers x 7
                        Third set was 90 lb'ers for 7

I did a few more sets after that with less weight but that was the first time I benched 90 lb dumbbells. It felt good! I finally feel like I can play with the big boys now I wonder had I dont like 3 reps, if I could've busted out the 100's for a couple.

Comment

• Congrats on getting them gains. 90lb'ers makes my wrists hurt just hearing it.

I've been able to hit TONS of personal bests these last couple weeks. I don't know if it is the program I'm sticking to, the 1ml of Test a week, or the supplements (protein, creatine).

This week is my top out week for the program I am on. All the big lifts work you up with 5, 3 and finally 1 rep sets at the max weight. Yesterday I worked up in weight and then deadlifted 295 twice and worked my way back down to 220lbs for reps. A few months ago, I couldn't even hold onto 215.

I bumped my overhead press to being able to do 125lbs.

Today is an off day and I can't wait to do bench tomorrow and squats on Thursday. Big and satisfying gains to come.

For the first time since I turned 40 back in July, I am taking a week off away from weights. I have to travel to Niamey on Friday and check out hotels. I am gonna try and get some parking lot sprints in though to get some cardio going again.

I have been doing Intermediate Fasting and it was a slow start but in the past couple days I seem to have kicked into ketosis cause I have been dropping nearly a pound a day. I am excited as hell to get down to 180. I am right at 205 right now, down 10 pounds since I get back from R&R 2 and a half weeks ago.

Keep getting them gains man.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          I hit a personal best this evening with the dumbbells on the flat bench. My warm up consisted of 3 sets of dips on the machine with 225lbs, then 3 sets of pushups to get the blood flowing. Went to the bench, warmed up with 45's. Then got to work.

First set was 75 lb'ers for 7
                          Second set was 80 lb'ers x 7
                          Third set was 90 lb'ers for 7

I did a few more sets after that with less weight but that was the first time I benched 90 lb dumbbells. It felt good! I finally feel like I can play with the big boys now I wonder had I dont like 3 reps, if I could've busted out the 100's for a couple.

Comment

• That's awesome Keith, and thanks. I can honestly say the same for deadlifts... Keep it up. I would probably just attribute your progress to sticking with the program. I like creatine and can notice a difference when I'm taking it regularly. Not knocking the test, I just don't think it has the effect of giving you gorilla strength.

Curious, how many mg of test/ml is your prescription?

Comment

That's awesome Keith, and thanks. I can honestly say the same for deadlifts... Keep it up. I would probably just attribute your progress to sticking with the program. I like creatine and can notice a difference when I'm taking it regularly. Not knocking the test, I just don't think it has the effect of giving you gorilla strength.

Curious, how many mg of test/ml is your prescription?
                              100mg/ml

Comment

• Then yeah, I would say your progress is because you're sticking with it and making strides. Definitely a good thing since it shows your progress is due to hard work and not a "supplement". Keep up the hard work.

Hell, there have been times I've noticed a better workout at the gym just by getting 6+ hours of sleep for several nights in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X