So happy to get in shape!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Must've had his wallet in his pocket during the initial weigh in.
    Nah, just all of the car keys.

Props to you, OP. I told my wife on my 38th birthday that I would be in the best shape of my life on my 40th birthday. That's coming in 6 months now and I'm probably 5 pounds heavier than I was when I made the promise. I've got 6 months to lose 20-25 pounds and tone up. I'm thinking Crossfit... (cue the haters).

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      Must've had his wallet in his pocket during the initial weigh in.
      Zing!

Comment

I too find it hard to fathom losing 46lbs in a month. It took me 8 months to lose 50lbs, doing most of what you were doing. I will say that I started at 225, I'm sure starting at 350 makes it slightly easier.

Now, I have watched more than my fair share of The Biggest Loser a time or two and can tell you that those folks can't lose that much weight that fast. I'm not saying you're full of shit, but...

Good on you if it's true. Shame on you if it's not.

Comment

46 lbs.... that's fucking impressive. When I was in the hospital I lost close to that but a lot of the weight lost came from fluids I was retaining and then the forced diet. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            I too find it hard to fathom losing 46lbs in a month. It took me 8 months to lose 50lbs, doing most of what you were doing. I will say that I started at 225, I'm sure starting at 350 makes it slightly easier.

Now, I have watched more than my fair share of The Biggest Loser a time or two and can tell you that those folks can't lose that much weight that fast. I'm not saying you're full of shit, but...

No reason to lie. I feel no need to impress any of you. I am happy with my life and wife and am happy that for the first time I am getting in shape. It does not matter if you folks want to believe me or not. I am always a man of my word and have the reputation to prove it.

I was simply looking for pointers on how to continue to lose weight and trim up.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

The average weight loss for contestants on Discovery's 'Naked and Afraid' is around 35-40 lbs. for men and 20 lbs. for women. Typically, dropped off in arid or tropical climates for 21 days. Diet usually consist of insects and the occasional fish. Most days not getting to eat at all. Having to boil your own water, etc..

Therefore, I would say that a 46 lb. weight loss in a month just from cutting back on soda and carbs, plus a little exercise, is a rather impressive feat.

Took me 5 months to lose 30 lbs. on the Atkins diet, in addition to spending more time on the treadmill.

At any rate. Good luck reaching your weight loss goal. Takes a lot of discipline to adhere to the diet and exercise regimen as time goes on.

Comment

I googled Biggest Loser earlier to find a funny image to post and that didn't pan out. I did read this article though because I've always been intrigued as much by the contestants putting their weight back on after the show as I was by them losing it during the show. This isn't an exciting read but it offers some insight: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/h...loss.html?_r=0

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  No reason to lie. I feel no need to impress any of you. I am happy with my life and wife and am happy that for the first time I am getting in shape. It does not matter if you folks want to believe me or not. I am always a man of my word and have the reputation to prove it.

I was simply looking for pointers on how to continue to lose weight and trim up.
                  All good, but I don't believe for a second that you don't feel the need to impress anyone. We have a fitness forum... it doesn't get much traffic, but you already knew that.

Again, losing 46lbs in a month by cleaning up your diet and firing up the treadmill is crazy.

Comment

Congrats! You should open a crossfit in Waco
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      I googled Biggest Loser earlier to find a funny image to post and that didn't pan out. I did read this article though because I've always been intrigued as much by the contestants putting their weight back on after the show as I was by them losing it during the show. This isn't an exciting read but it offers some insight: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/h...loss.html?_r=0
                      I knew the show was bullshit, like they said, you dont have the help and intense workouts like on the show...also they changed the physical part but not the mental. They need to go see a real therapist to figure out why the ate themselves to that obesity.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        That article hits the nail on the head regarding natural metabolic rates and why this has to be a slow/gradual process.

Comment

All good, but I don't believe for a second that you don't feel the need to impress anyone. We have a fitness forum... it doesn't get much traffic, but you already knew that.

Again, losing 46lbs in a month by cleaning up your diet and firing up the treadmill is crazy.
                          Actually I had no idea we had a fitness forum. I've only been on our pic forum and this general section. Meh whatever, we have a lot of really good supportive people here and I will just socialize with them. The negative people need not read my shit. Lots of boob threads or stupid car threads on here for them.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                            Actually I had no idea we had a fitness forum. I've only been on our pic forum and this general section. Meh whatever, we have a lot of really good supportive people here and I will just socialize with them. The negative people need not read my shit. Lots of boob threads or stupid car threads on here for them.
                            Can you imagine...the audacity of having stupid car threads on a "Mustang" forum???

Comment

LOLZ.

But back to the topic at hand. I was showing this thread to my wife who is heavily into fitness and has serious plans on competing in fitness competitions. She pointed out that I did not properly explain just what changes were made. So here is how it was:
                              If I was thirsty in the middle of the night I would drink a DrPepper, for breakfast I would have a cheese danish and spend the day drinking 6-10 DrPeppers. Zero exercise. Never used the steps or anything like that. Then at about 9PM I would have a huge dinner with like a double bacon cheeseburger with mayo, curly frys and ranch, some cheese sticks and maybe some fried tacos. Also through-ought the day I may have a Twinkie or some cookies.
                              What has changed is I now always park at the far end of the lot, always use the steps, dont drink any soda at all and only drink water. In the morning I have an egg white and some white rice, for lunch I usually have a turkey or chicken sandwich (dry) with tomato and lettuce on multigrain bread, have some pita chips or Triscuit crackers in the afternoon (single serving) and then dinner is usually a salad or sushi around 6PM. Sometimes its baked chicken or something similar. Plus our bedroom activities and that has led to the rapid weight loss. Now that the doctor has given me the go ahead (after nearly two months) I go workout a couple hours on the tread mill, bike and elliptical. I do this until I am cleared for weight lifting again. After the initial and substantial weight loss I am seeing about .75-1lb a day weight loss. I started at 372lbs and am down to 330 (on my scale, doctors both at my surgeon and Providence show 4lbs less so my scale is a tad off) now and my doctor believes I can get down as little as 240ish. I am 5'11" and have a very large frame with broad shoulders and very thick (not fat) ankles and wrists. This thick frame is verified by the fact I have never broken a bone although I have been in many situations where I should have snapped an arm or leg.
                              I hope this sheds some light onto my situation and why I was able to drop so much so fast and seem to be keeping it off with regular exercise and proper diet.

Comment

That's a lot of DP's. When you finally piss out a kidney stone, expect to drop another 5 to 8 lbs. immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X