My new gig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new gig...

I was minding my own business at my current job when I got an message via LinkedIn about a Field Engineer job that required relocation.

The company is an OEM of very specialized automation machines that wind up in car factories and other specialized manufacturing facilities.

My smart ass replied that it sounded like an awful lot of responsibility for a not very impressive salary. I thought that would be the end of it.

Then 2 weeks later I got another message, the salary was now impressive and relocation offered.

We started a dialogue, then a phone interview, then a Skype interview, then they flew me to Corporate, and I managed to sit there and tell them exactly what it would take for it to make good sense to me..

And so they offered me the job a day after my trip up there.

So, I'm off to a new adventure.

Work out of the home base of my choosing, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Asheville NC, or Greenville SC. Travel to the other cities for day trips and occasional overnites. Home most of the time.

Lots of specialized technical training to add to what I already do with PLC programming and Controls, Motion Control. HMI / Visual Controls... Vision Systems, etc...

Awesome salary and relo package, full medical, life, STD, LTD 401K, all that shit. Hell 15 days vacation in my first year.

It is amazing the set of balls you can have when you can take or leave the job, but know you can be a great asset to the company if they can make it worth your while.

Congratulations!

You definitely seem to have come a long way over the last few years and it’s great to see.

Comment

Congrats and enjoy living in a new part of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Congratulations!

You definitely seem to have come a long way over the last few years and it’s great to see.
        Yeah man, I was dying. No doubt about it. I found a different way to live and it's working.

Comment

That's awesome! congrats!!!

Comment

Awesome to hear...congrats man. Let us know where you end up and post pics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Awesome to hear...congrats man. Let us know where you end up and post pics
              Maryville, TN looks like the most sense on paper. Central to everything, no state taxes, low property taxes, bang for the buck and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                Maryville, TN looks like the most sense on paper. Central to everything, no state taxes, low property taxes, bang for the buck and all that.
                You going to get a boat or nah?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  You going to get a boat or nah?
                  Sounds shitty

Comment

I'll continue to use someone else's boat for any adventures!

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                      I was minding my own business at my current job when I got an message via LinkedIn about a Field Engineer job that required relocation.

The company is an OEM of very specialized automation machines that wind up in car factories and other specialized manufacturing facilities.

My smart ass replied that it sounded like an awful lot of responsibility for a not very impressive salary. I thought that would be the end of it.

Then 2 weeks later I got another message, the salary was now impressive and relocation offered.

We started a dialogue, then a phone interview, then a Skype interview, then they flew me to Corporate, and I managed to sit there and tell them exactly what it would take for it to make good sense to me..

And so they offered me the job a day after my trip up there.

So, I'm off to a new adventure.

Work out of the home base of my choosing, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Asheville NC, or Greenville SC. Travel to the other cities for day trips and occasional overnites. Home most of the time.

Lots of specialized technical training to add to what I already do with PLC programming and Controls, Motion Control. HMI / Visual Controls... Vision Systems, etc...

Awesome salary and relo package, full medical, life, STD, LTD 401K, all that shit. Hell 15 days vacation in my first year.

It is amazing the set of balls you can have when you can take or leave the job, but know you can be a great asset to the company if they can make it worth your while.
                      I would have passed on the STD...

Sounds great otherwise!
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        I would have passed on the STD...

Sounds great otherwise!
                        there's always a catch

Comment

Yes but the LTD is really nice!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

$$Choo$$ $$Choo$$

Let’s see if you can afford a Savanna Cat and or a Cow skin rug ?
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Congrats man, seems like you’ve had a roller coaster over the past several years or so and things are really working out well for you. Again congrats

David

Comment

Working...
                              X