No announcement yet.

get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badass you doin an 05+ Super duty axle? Where’s the build thread?!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
      Badass you doin an 05+ Super duty axle? Where’s the build thread?!
      I think the suggested donor is a little earlier, but essentially a Dana 60. I'll be using UJoint offroad adapters / parts for the things I cannot source.

I'll try to start a build thread next weekend, as nothing has really started yet, other than ordering a bunch of stuff. Well, I did get the AC fans blowing, but still need to chase down a vacuum leak (blowing defrost only) and hook up my AC Manifold Gauges to diagnose poor cooling (blows cold, but not 'Ford' cold)..

I will be starting with enough to get me through the summer. We plan to take it on a 2 week roadtrip in a month, so for now I have ordered some short term stuff, and will be doing the real conversion over the winter. Ordered and planned:

Ordered:
      • HD Front Coil springs and new isolators (will raise it some, as stock are sagging too)
      • Add a leaf for the rear(also sagging)
      • 15x8 Smooth 8 Wheels
      • 30x9.50xr15 BFG AT KO2's
      • Keyless Entry Remotes (already recd and programmed)
      • Queen 4" Memory foam mattress (folding style)
      • Headlights (faded / yellow)
      • Shocks/Struts

To do / To build:
      • Replace Rear and Side door cables (for second doors that do not have exterior handles) - Cables are there and doors open, but littl plastic retainers broke so cables have to be pulled manually)
      • Build new bed platform (using a expanding design commonly used for #vanlife)
      • Build upper storage over bed (cabinets on each side)
      • Build folding table attached to side door
      • Modify side and rear door panels to create 'cubbies'
      • Remove running boards
      • Remove graphics

Not going too far on suspension since I will be replacing most of it with the SAS, including new springs for a 6" lift.

That will be it for now, I think. I already have a nice Dometic CFX65DZ 12v fridge and Yeti 400 battery w/ 100w solar panels (works in Jeep and van), and all of the other general camping gear will carry over. I'm hoping that the exterior will look WAY better after this weekend!

Comment

• I dig the shit out of that Craig.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I dig the shit out of that Craig.
          Thanks!

Oh, I should mention, I don't do Facebook but will be adding pics and build stuff to my Instagram.. And hope to do some Youtube videos of the work as well, for those interested.

For business inquiries, please contact me via email or on Instagram: @craig_in_texas

Shooting for something like this by next year:

And something like this long term:

Last edited by Chili; 05-28-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Thanks!

Oh, I should mention, I don't do Facebook but will be adding pics and build stuff to my Instagram.. And hope to do some Youtube videos of the work as well, for those interested.

For business inquiries, please contact me via email or on Instagram: @craig_in_texas

Shooting for something like this by next year:

And something like this long term:

Let me know what axles you are looking for, I may be able to help.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• NICE VAN!
              I'm getting closer to where I want mine. Going to start on the interior soon.

Comment

• Van progress.. Should have more to share (of the interior) tonight.

Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good. Too many windows for my, "want candy" sign though.

Comment

• Looks good to start!
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Check my ad for rape whistles in the classifieds! Don’t let these van guys get ya!

Comment

• I'll do a van 5 or 10 years from now when some company finally makes good self driving kits for older stuff. And I'll put a bed and a recliner chair in there so I can be lazy as hell while it drives me to wherever. Then it'll be worth it. It would be hard to keep me from seeing most of the U.S if I had that. Might be hard to get a king sized bed in a van though. I won't settle for less.

I'd also need it to look grandiose so I'd look like some kind of luxuriating king or something. Or maybe like hedonism bot from futurama.
                        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          I'll do a van 5 or 10 years from now when some company finally makes good self driving kits for older stuff. And I'll put a bed and a recliner chair in there so I can be lazy as hell while it drives me to wherever. Then it'll be worth it. It would be hard to keep me from seeing most of the U.S if I had that. Might be hard to get a king sized bed in a van though. I won't settle for less.

I'd also need it to look grandiose so I'd look like some kind of luxuriating king or something. Or maybe like hedonism bot from futurama.
                          We have a Queen and could probably squeeze a king in if we tried.. Of course there'd be room for nothing else!
                          Last edited by Chili; 06-29-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• I got a new bandsaw for the shop, great for precise cuts on thick materials.

We got the front motor plate squared away today.
                            Attached Files
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              We have a Queen and could probably squeeze a king in if we tried.. Of course there'd be room for nothing else!
                              I think there's extra wide vans. Been awhile since I saw anything like that though.
                              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                I think there's extra wide vans. Been awhile since I saw anything like that though.
                                It would have to be foam and squeeze a bit, in mine. Chevy vans have a bit more width though, too. The king is 16 inches wider than queen so really it wouldn't fit in mine, since I only have 6-8" of room left.

Comment

Working...
                                X