No announcement yet.

‘Is GE betraying its customers and its country?’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a former GE employee, I'm not the least bit surprised. I worked for the Healthcare segment (of which Jeff Immelt was CEO) and saw as they drove product quality and customer satisfaction into the ground in the name of profits.

It's a joke that GE is "leading the pack" in Healthcare initiatives when they are dead last in terms of technology infrastructure as compared to their competitors. It's all about that Obama relationship, I guess!
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
      As a former GE employee, I'm not the least bit surprised. I worked for the Healthcare segment (of which Jeff Immelt was CEO) and saw as they drove product quality and customer satisfaction into the ground in the name of profits.

It's a joke that GE is "leading the pack" in Healthcare initiatives when they are dead last in terms of technology infrastructure as compared to their competitors. It's all about that Obama relationship, I guess!
      so they "six sigma'd" themselves into mediocrity, huh?

Comment

god i hate that six sigma crap.
        Jon

Comment

Six Smegma - the path to single-digit stock prices...
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

we could start a new thread and talk for days about that crap. I don't think it's all crap, just how GE perverted it. I find it satisfying to hear about Six Sigma companies floundering.

Comment

I am not advocating GE's business or management practices but their stock plumitted to single-digits at the same time the rest of the market crashed not before and not after. I would love to see $40 a share again so I could cash out but until then all I can do is sit back and hope they continue the slow upward trend like they have been doing.

Is this the GE of the 90's? No it is not.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                god i hate that six sigma crap.
                You ain't the only one. "Fuck doing your job, we gotta get this place 6-S'd!"

Yep, just ask United Technologies
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  wasn't a big fan of six sigma, but i like lean and theory of constraints.

and if GE sells all its intellectual property to the chinese, do i still need a secret clearance to work on avionics here? since our planes are Boeing products and all...
                  2011 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                    wasn't a big fan of six sigma, but i like lean and theory of constraints.

and if GE sells all its intellectual property to the chinese, do i still need a secret clearance to work on avionics here? since our planes are Boeing products and all...
                    You get an exemption if you're a Chinese National.

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
                      who cares if you have to club a few baby seals to get there...
                      Right. GE ditched about 30,000-40,000 Americans and added about 25,000 Chinese. They might as well start calling themselves CE. This company has solid historical American values and it, along with many "Good 'ol American companies," have been torn to shreds for the sake of a few board members.

One thing is for sure... America is about to go down and go down hard. It has nothing to do with the values, standards and principles it was built on either. We've been infiltrated by terrorists, crooks and bastards. No one is stepping up to regain any of that, so we get what is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

One thing is for sure... America is about to go down and go down hard. It has nothing to do with the values, standards and principles it was built on either. We've been infiltrated by terrorists, crooks and bastards. No one is stepping up to regain any of that, so we get what is coming.
                        well those who do try to step up are usually labeled as "whackos" or "racists" so their hands are tied. after all, we're all afraid to offend someone nowadays right?
                        2011 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                          well those who do try to step up are usually labeled as "whackos" or "racists" so their hands are tied. after all, we're all afraid to offend someone nowadays right?
                          Never stopped me before.

Comment

Castro said that a capitalist will sell you the rope to hang themselves. I'm believing it more and more.
                            Not knowingly, but yeah they'd sell you a rope.

Comment

so they "six sigma'd" themselves into mediocrity, huh?
                              I find it satisfying to hear about Six Sigma companies floundering.
                              Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Not that I'm entirely defending the process, but not all companies that use it are floundering or headed for the bottom.

We started using 10 years ago... and coincidentally enough we have had a 700+% growth in that time and our CEO who took over around then was just ranked #5 on the MarketWatch "CEOs of the Decade" list, behind the leaders of Apple, Amazon, Google and Starbucks.

But yeah, when other people wan't to use you and your work to advance their "pet projects" it can be very annoying and time consuming.

(Full disclosure: I'm currently in the 6-S certification process, but I'm self-serving and in it more for the career advancing benefits within our company since it's such a big deal)

Comment

Working...
                              X