Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Great Trinity Forest?

I am going to Strychnine this bitch!

The Great Trinity Forest—many have heard of it, but how many of us really know what it is? In the simplest terms, the Great Trinity Forest is roughly six thousand acres of mostly bottomland woods that follow the Trinity River and White Rock Creek as they flow through South Dallas. It is claimed to be...

The Great Trinity Forest—many have heard of it, but how many of us really know what it is?

In the simplest terms, the Great Trinity Forest is roughly six thousand acres of mostly bottomland woods that follow the Trinity River and White Rock Creek as they flow through South Dallas. It is claimed to be the largest urban hardwood forest in the country, and the City of Dallas wants to develop it for your recreational use.

Transforming this long forgotten and often abused parcel of land into a place suitable for real outdoor recreational activities—while at the same time preserving the park’s unique natural heritage—will be a massive undertaking. It will require the participation and cooperation of many different institutions and organizations, and will likely take years or decades of work to come to fruition.

looks like a great place to get murdered!!!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We use to ride horses down there all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        looks like a great place to get murdered!!!

god bless.
        You're confusing it with Pleasant Grove.

Comment

I hunt out there on a regular basis with a spear or a bow. The first time DPD saw me soaked with blood and carrying a spear it nearly got ugly. If I had not contacted TP&W and the Dallas Animal Control beforehand I am sure that I would have had to post a bond.

FYI: There are or were special tags for that area if you stuck to the private land that surrounds it.

FYI II: If huge fucking spiders scare you stay the fuck out of this area cause you are going to be covered in their webs.

FYI III: If you stumble across another person out there you had better make tracks or be prepared for trouble.
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-30-2016, 09:25 AM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Fuck yeah! There's a group called Groundwork Dallas that works to protect the forest. I've gone out with them in the past to help do brush clearing and trail maintenance and it's pretty awesome out there. You definitely don't feel like you're just a few miles from downtown!

I really want to get out there and kayak one day.

Comment

Groundwork Dallas doesn't get deep into the woods. They mostly stick to areas that you can see from the highway because the volunteers have a habit of getting really lost.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                I hunt out there on a regular basis with a spear or a bow. The first time DPD saw me soaked with blood and carrying a spear it nearly got ugly. If I had not contacted TP&W and the Dallas Animal Control beforehand I am sure that I would have had to post a bond.

FYI: There are or were special tags for that area if you stuck to the private land that surrounds it.

FYI II: If huge fucking spiders scare you stay the fuck out of this area cause you are going to be covered in their webs.

FYI III: If you stumble across another person out there you had better make tracks or be prepared for trouble.
                Any pics?
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Groundwork Dallas doesn't get deep into the woods. They mostly stick to areas that you can see from the highway because the volunteers have a habit of getting really lost.
                  This is true, but it's still a great way for people with no experience to get out there and see what's in their backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Any pics?
                    I make a point of never taking pictures of anything, ever.

I discovered this area in my mid teens and have considered it my private stomping grounds for 30 years.

If you decide to head out there practice land navigation with a compass beforehand or you will be totally fucked.

Comment

I make a point of never taking pictures of anything, ever.
                      How convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        How convenient.
                        I do not do social media either and believe that I do not own a single picture.

You are welcome to come out there with me next Monday but be forewarned, I am a sadist and will leave you behind for the gators if you can not keep up.

Comment

SVO knows where all the dead bodies are buried there.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            SVO knows where all the dead bodies are buried there.
                            The ones out there do not get buried and you will find one if you go out there on a regular basis. I would suggest ignoring them and giving them wide berth.

Comment

Svo delivers today!
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X