Fellow Road Warriors.. Choose your weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow Road Warriors.. Choose your weapons

Or more importantly, you're carry on bag.

While walking through Midway last week, my old rolleraboard shed the tires on both wheels. These are riveted in and not replaceable, so I need a new bag.

I'm looking for recommendations for a carry on that is good for one to two day's travel. I'm not interested in the so called "smart bags" because they just have things that break. I'm kinda focused on this bag that is used by many airline pilots but I wanted to get y'all opinions first..

So what say you fellas, what is your preferred bag and WHY?

Many thanks in advance..

My travel pro set has taken a beating and is no worse for wear.
    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
    Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by lowfast View Post
      My travel pro set has taken a beating and is no worse for wear.
      I've read several good things about the Travel Pro models. They are also among the most affordable.

Comment

5 years of 3-4 trips per month, still looks brand new. It definitely held up much better than my previous, more expensive, sampsonite.

sigpic
        Work In Progress

Comment

I second travel pro

Comment

Get some rivets or something and put new wheels on the old one. Likely some kinda way to replace em..
            WH

Comment

I don't carry luggage, just a laptop bag. and i go with Tumi.

Comment

Travel pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry an osprey duffel for my m-f trips, but I'm super low maintenance so I don't pack much as i hate checking bags (or the wait for them upon arrival)

Comment

Do y'all have a specific travelpro in mind. Seems the interwebs prefers the MaxLite 3 (rollaboard) or the MaxLite 4 (spinner). I think I'm gonna pick from these two.

Comment

I prefer the spinners because you can turn them sideways and roll down the aisle. I don't like them for larger luggage because the baggage apes rip the wheels off them.
                      Last edited by S_K; 12-12-2016, 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I fly 60K a year and carry on 99% of the time. I don't go baller status on my wheel aboard like so many people, but I love this bag. I am on my second one now in the last 12+ years. It's about 5 years old and holding up great. I typically buy it with a 30% off and/or Kohl's cash too. I have similar one (same brand) for a larger checked bag and had a wheeled duffle bag from them that made it over a decade. I figure if I get 5 years out of a $50-60 bag, then I'm good to go.

Luggage at Kohl's - Shop our full selection of luggage, including this Ricardo Luggage, Santa Cruz 5.0 21-inch Expandable Wheeled Carry-On, at Kohl's.

Comment

I always just use a backpack as a carry on.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I use this one for quick trips, the insert for packing a suit works well, and spinners are a must. Like Matt, I prefer not to carry on anything other than my laptop bag, but sometimes there's simply not time to wait for luggage.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                              I prefer the spinners because you can turn them sideways and roll down the aisle. I don't like them for larger luggage because the baggage apes rip the wheels off them.
                              I have found the spinner model's wheels to be more likely to break than the regular rollers. Just man up and carry that bitch down the isle!

sigpic
                              Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
                              X