DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum Forum for motorcycle questions and ride GTGs

Old 06-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #21
Sean88gt
Avenge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
Good choice on the Berg. We should organize a group ride sometime.
What are you riding these days? Been a tough year for us. Kid hasn't made a single race.
Sean88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #22
Buick355
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
What are you riding these days? Been a tough year for us. Kid hasn't made a single race.

I picked up a 2007 YZ125 about a year ago and set it up for woods. It's an absolute blast to ride, WFO every where and feels like a mountain bike. I got a 2000 CR250 about 2 months ago as a 2nd bike or possible flip. Tore it completely down and I'm now going a little crazy with it. Sent the motor to Eric Gorr for a big bore, case and cylinder porting, head work, new crank and rod, etc. powder coating the frame, had Enzo revalve the suspension, Rekluse, Left hand rear brake, etc etc. money pit!! I had my left knee replaced 3 months ago so I haven't been able to ride. I'm about ready to hit the trails again though. Might go this weekend.
Buick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #23
NoClassic
Lifer

Harbor Freight finally had one of the smaller trailers in stock over the weekend. I picked it up along with a cheap Lincoln MIG off craigslist. The plan is to add a center beam that extends out the back and then do a 40x75 deck with a wheel chock out front and tie down at its corners.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-20-2017 at 12:01 PM.
NoClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #24
Fatass
Lifer

Quote:
Good choice on the Berg. We should organize a group ride sometime.
Want to plan one around October? I'd be in for a red river trip once it cools off a bit. All I'm doing til then is working on my trailer in the a/c. Or street riding.
Fatass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #25
NoClassic
Lifer

The trailer is close to being done. I installed the deck and wired the lights today. Loaded the bike to check if my guess at weight distribution worked out. Seems to be good with a bias toward the tongue. I may trim the corners of the deck but not sure yet. I flipped it on its end to do the wiring and noticed the right side wheel/hub is bent. Kind of sucks considering how deep I am into assembly. Going to see if they can exchange just the wheel for now. I wont be running the straps as shown in the image, just wanted to get it up there.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-24-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:49 PM   #26
SS Junk
Lifer

such a badass bike.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #27
NoClassic
Lifer

I was able to register the trailer this past week. Also found that the rear tire had some cracking around the lug bases and seemed old/dry. Picked up a Shinko R505 and one of the Tubliss inserts. I am meeting some friends in Taylor Park this coming weekend then heading out to Durango for more riding in that area.

Last edited by NoClassic; 07-15-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #28
NoClassic
Lifer

Made it out to Taylor Park Reservoir area a few weeks back and then followed some friends to Durango for some riding there. The front tire went flat the last day at Taylor Park so replaced it with a MOTOZ hydrid and Tubliss setup.

I am still chasing what I believe is a lean condition. The bike does great on flowing trails but begins to run hot, sputter, backfire, and eventually stall with aggressive low speed climbing.

The entire fuel system is now new save for the injector which was cleaned and flow tested at a local injector service shop. Considering getting it on a dyno to confirm if the high engine temps are a result of a lean condition or the other way around.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #29
Fatass
Lifer

Tubliss is the shit. I went to Missouri last weekend and rode part of the mark twain national forest at chadwick, I recommend it. Pretty rocky, like 90%. Took someone there instead of a 2 hour xc race that he wanted to enter in Arkansas. He made it three miles at chadwick.
Fatass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #30
Buick355
Lifer

Yeah, Tubliss is freakin awesome. Traction everywhere. I've had it on my last several bikes. I need to put on my newest build:

Old 09-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #31
NoClassic
Lifer

Front tire mounting with the Tubliss kind of sucks but otherwise I really like them so far. I ended buying a new injector, had CA cycleworks send another pump, and got the ECU loaded with the EU/unrestricted map. The tune did not seem to help so will be installing the injector and replacement pump this weekend.

I had been looking for a cheap truck to move the bike around for the past couple months. The VW did fine with the trailer but a truck just makes everything easier. I had been looking for an OBS F150 and found this 92 with the 300 inline 6 and a 5 speed for $1000. 2wd but no rust and relatively low miles for its age at 118K. Really just needs a set of tires but ordered a whole bunch of basic maintenance stuff to be safe.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #32
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClassic View Post
Front tire mounting with the Tubliss kind of sucks but otherwise I really like them so far. I ended buying a new injector, had CA cycleworks send another pump, and got the ECU loaded with the EU/unrestricted map. The tune did not seem to help so will be installing the injector and replacement pump this weekend.

I had been looking for a cheap truck to move the bike around for the past couple months. The VW did fine with the trailer but a truck just makes everything easier. I had been looking for an OBS F150 and found this 92 with the 300 inline 6 and a 5 speed for $1000. 2wd but no rust and relatively low miles for its age at 118K. Really just needs a set of tires but ordered a whole bunch of basic maintenance stuff to be safe.

I like it. I have been looking for a winter Jeep to get me through in case my monster is not finished by then and the weather gets bad. But since Jeeps remain in the rape territory of pricing I have started eyeballing the OBS F150's. Cheap as hell and would be a nice winter ride.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #33
NoClassic
Lifer

Yeah the gas trucks seem to still be priced within reason. Really having to restrain myself from starting to collect parts for a 4x4/SAS swap on this one.

The bike has been running with the new parts for the past couple weeks but rain here has kept me from riding. I did manage to get all of the street legal parts installed while it sat. Should be able to get it plated my next time back home.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:13 PM   #34
NoClassic
Lifer

I was able to get some riding in over the weekend. The issue with the bike seems to be resolved. Must have been a bad fuel pump or injector.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:53 AM   #35
snacksnack
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, Tubliss is freakin awesome. Traction everywhere. I've had it on my last several bikes. I need to put on my newest build:

Beautiful build!! How did the motor build turn out? Im needing to work over my 02 cr250, just doesn't have the bottom end to match the rest of the power. Did you change to the air stryker carb?

Anyone signed up for the revlimter race in January? Just started riding again to get in shape for it, should be a blast.
snacksnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #36
Buick355
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacksnack View Post
Beautiful build!! How did the motor build turn out? Im needing to work over my 02 cr250, just doesn't have the bottom end to match the rest of the power. Did you change to the air stryker carb?

Anyone signed up for the revlimter race in January? Just started riding again to get in shape for it, should be a blast.
Thanks! The motor turned out awesome. Lots of power everywhere and bottom end for days. Mine came factory with a Keihen carb, so I'm good there. I may put a Lectron carb on it in the future though.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #37
NoClassic
Lifer

I took the bike by the local inspection station this morning. It passed without issue after a bit of discussion. Guess they dont see something like that too frequently in the city. They did make me ride it and do a brake test which was interesting.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #38
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClassic View Post
I took the bike by the local inspection station this morning. It passed without issue after a bit of discussion. Guess they dont see something like that too frequently in the city. They did make me ride it and do a brake test which was interesting.
thats part of the inspection
dsrtuckteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #39
NoClassic
Lifer

That makes sense. I had only been told by a friend in Colorado what was involved. He didnt even have to take the bike out of the truck. Guess their process is a bit different.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #40
NoClassic
Lifer

After a couple hours at the tax office the bike is plated. The people were friendly but uninformed regarding what is required to switch the title status.