Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Plus 3d printing tech is advancing fast and moving into metals

You can read about how scared they are of 3D printers. They know they're only going to advance, and then they can give up any hopes of gun control and thus their evil plans.
    WH

Comment

Partial gun control could be rather easily accomplished through ammunition control.

Comment

We see what's happening in CA, CO, DC, MD, VA and other blue states, right? That cancer is going to metastasis.

Comment

I think its going to get worse.

Comment

Right now they can't get anything done without cooperation from the Republicans.

However, just look at the political swings we've had over the last 20 years. We've seen the House and Senate both go full majority Republican, Democrat, Republican, etc... I almost guarantee you it'll happen again.

IMO, we need to take the bull by the horns on this issue on several fronts to actually try to reduce these ass holes (or nut jobs) ability to get their hands on these weapons. For one, Sen Cornyn is trying to tighten up the actual reporting of criminals into the database used for background checks. That might not have stopped the church shooter but maybe, just maybe it would have given him a few more bumps in the road or landed him jail for trying to buy a weapon he wasn't supposed to have. I think we'll probably see a closing of the loophole around private party sales too.

Beyond that, Congress really does need to get behind something that improves treatment for mental illness. Right now there is barely anything there to keep a nut from getting a firearm. Republican's have been using mental illness (sometime rightfully, sometimes as an excuse) to push off the blame on these mass shootings. Yet they only pay lip service to doing something about it.

Here's my biggest fear on this issue. Look at the polls and you'll see more and more support building for some sort of gun control. Either we get a plan to curtail violence or it's going to blow up on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              I think we'll probably see a closing of the loophole around private party sales too.
              How do you do that without some form or fashion of registration? If registration happens we're fucked.
              WH

Comment

All they need to do is enforce current gun laws. But if you do that on the south side of Chicago and a lot of other places, it is racist. I vote that we make guns the new marijuana. Since marijuana is becoming legal and people aren't going to jail, let's send these gun offenders to prison forever instead.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  All they need to do is enforce current gun laws. But if you do that on the south side of Chicago and a lot of other places, it is racist. I vote that we make guns the new marijuana. Since marijuana is becoming legal and people aren't going to jail, let's send these gun offenders to prison forever instead.
                  That would be a reasonable thing to do except that lots of people being sent to prison for pot is a total myth.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Right now they can't get anything done without cooperation from the Republicans.

However, just look at the political swings we've had over the last 20 years. We've seen the House and Senate both go full majority Republican, Democrat, Republican, etc... I almost guarantee you it'll happen again.

IMO, we need to take the bull by the horns on this issue on several fronts to actually try to reduce these ass holes (or nut jobs) ability to get their hands on these weapons. For one, Sen Cornyn is trying to tighten up the actual reporting of criminals into the database used for background checks. That might not have stopped the church shooter but maybe, just maybe it would have given him a few more bumps in the road or landed him jail for trying to buy a weapon he wasn't supposed to have. I think we'll probably see a closing of the loophole around private party sales too.

Beyond that, Congress really does need to get behind something that improves treatment for mental illness. Right now there is barely anything there to keep a nut from getting a firearm. Republican's have been using mental illness (sometime rightfully, sometimes as an excuse) to push off the blame on these mass shootings. Yet they only pay lip service to doing something about it.

Here's my biggest fear on this issue. Look at the polls and you'll see more and more support building for some sort of gun control. Either we get a plan to curtail violence or it's going to blow up on us.
                    You're not going to curtail the violence as the leftists keep ratcheting up the division, sowing every -ism and keep bashing Judeo-Christian values.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      How do you do that without some form or fashion of registration? If registration happens we're fucked.
                      The same way you do it now - 4473s and NICS calls. 4473s are kept by the dealer until they go out of business; once they go out of business, the ATF takes possession of the 4473s, but they cannot legally be compiled into an electronic, searchable database. That would all have to change before we'd even see de facto registration.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Learn something new every day. Guess the cops just go to the dealer then.
                        WH

Comment

This stuff is ridiculous.

Last edited by Jimbo; 11-19-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X