No announcement yet.

FYI Lone Star Gun Club temporarily shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure their neighbors just want to bankrupt them and close the business with these demands.

I have never even heard of a range having "shooting tubes"

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
      Wow that looks like total shit. That's too bad because I was waiting for them to get it all straightened out and then I planned on joining. Guess that's not going to happen.
      Me too.

Comment

time to cut bait and turn the place into a racetrack...you know, something with MORE noise! LOL!

Comment

Wow, I thought they working on improving the range like taller back stops, better layout and things, but looks like a grant step back.
          1986 Mustang Coupe 5.0 S/C
          2006 Mustang GT Stock
          1991 Mustang Gt GT-40p's Explorer Intake

Comment

I think they are just biding their 3 year's time until the eminent domain takeover for the George Bush trollway.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              I'm pretty sure their neighbors just want to bankrupt them and close the business with these demands.

I have never even heard of a range having "shooting tubes"
              I went to a place a couple of years ago that had tubes like that (Armadillo Gun Store & Range in Nevada, TX).. Not terrible but an annoyance.

Comment

Yea
                Armadillo range has then. Aluminum i think that have mounds of dirt over them.

Weird at 1st but for used to it. Fuckers are loud from them of course.

I actually like the place. Not too far from me

Comment

Oh the reek of desperation...

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                    Oh the reek of desperation...

Ok maybe I'm a little confused.. A private, for-profit business is now asking for donations to stay afloat?.. WTF is this world coming to?? Fucking gofundme mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Ok maybe I'm a little confused.. A private, for-profit business is now asking for donations to stay afloat?.. WTF is this world coming to?? Fucking gofundme mentality.
                      Could be worse, at least they've operated a range before.

A coupe weeks ago there was a couple in FL that cashed out their life savings to buy a sailboat and planned to sail the Caribbean. They had no sailing experience, no insurance, and sank their boat on day 2 sending their possessions and what money they had left down to Davy Jones' Locker. Last I read they'd raised $14,000 in donations to buy another motherfucking sailboat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        This seems to be a common theme with gun ranges and race tracks

Comment

It's not looking promising. I'm pretty pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                            It's not looking promising. I'm pretty pissed.
                            Glad I held off on the membership. Was a pretty cool place when we went there last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                              Glad I held off on the membership. Was a pretty cool place when we went there last summer.
                              Same here.

Comment

So are these guys saying they've spent over $25000 on improvements or $250,000?
                                You can rent a decent size front end loader for @ $2k a week and should be able to move a hell of a lot of dirt over a 2 week period.
                                It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X