No announcement yet.

DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like him. Can we keep him?!?!?!?!?!?!
    All kidding aside, thanks for your service!
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      Keith is without a doubt one of the better people on this board. And he will tell it like it is, for obvious reasons. This group (you are interacting with now) is probably the tightest knitted clicks on this board - again for obvious reasons. With that said, we welcome "like minded " individuals but insist on protecting a sovereignty that includes family and careers etc... With what you've just posted I know you understand that.

My prediction is, if you keep a little thick skinned and hang around for a while, maybe meet up with some folks (see G2G forum), there's a good chance we'll see you at a build party.

Welcome to the board, and thank you for your service!

David
      Whew! That's a relief.... I was beginning to think nobody liked brisket!

I forgot to mention I have the equipment (including media blaster with aluminum oxide grit) and have sprayed & baked CeraKote before, and it makes a beautiful black finish similar to a stock AR-15. Should look good on an AK. It is quite rugged, and a lot easier than powder coat. It has a slight sheen, and put on properly, looks factory.
      Last edited by dnchrist; 11-20-2013, 04:46 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
        Whew! That's a relief.... I was beginning to think nobody liked brisket!

I forgot to mention I have the equipment (including media blaster with aluminum oxide grit) and have sprayed & baked CeraKote before, and it makes a beautiful black finish similar to a stock AR-15. Should look good on an AK. It is quite rugged, and a lot easier than powder coat. It has a slight sheen, and put on properly, looks factory.
        That wasn't an invite. Just show up to gtgs and such
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
          This might seem a little brusque, but there is one every week.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Was not meant that way.
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Speak English mother trucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
                An earlier post was talking about what whas brought to a build party and I mentioned brisket, and then there were no responses. Thought the group might be against brisket:>)

Comment

• Like darren, I don't have the budget right now for a build. But I would like to see how its done and meet a few more of you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by dnchrist View Post
                    an earlier post was talking about what whas brought to a build party and i mentioned brisket, and then there were no responses. Thought the group might be against brisket:>)
                    not true!!!!!!
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• in a thread about firearms, on a car website and we have hurt feelings? what is this country coming to?

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        in a thread about firearms, on a car website and we have hurt feelings? what is this country coming to?

god bless.
                        Be cool man. He could just be Indian.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Be cool man. He could just be Indian.
                          Lol

Comment

• I need to know how many people actually have AK parts kits they want to build, what type of kits they are (virgin, kits that need to be demilled, underfolder, yugo etc.)I also need to know what kind of receivers you have.

The reason I've put the build party on the back burner is we've had many people people say they bought tools, but none of them ever coughed them up when I asked for all of them to see where we were. If people do not buy the build jigs and tools we just can't do this. All of the tools combined we will need are probably close to around $700-1000.

Also, I need to know how many people have kits that need to be demilled (torch cut, receiver stubs). The reason being is we cannot demill kits at the build, it takes far too long and that's on top of an assembly that takes far longer than an AR-15. So anyone with a parts kit that needs to be demilled must do the demilling themselves beforehand. If we have 10 guys wanting to build AK's I *might* be able to build 1 in the entire evening if it needs to be demilled. I will be more than happy to give any instructions on how to do it, it's just too time consuming.
                            Last edited by CJ; 11-25-2013, 12:13 AM.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Im willing to pitch in some cash to those that have already purchased tools, etc, if I'm invited.
                              I have two Bulgarian 74 kits, one has a 100% Nodak receiver, and one has a 80% receiver.
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                                Im willing to pitch in some cash to those that have already purchased tools, etc, if I'm invited.
                                I have two Bulgarian 74 kits, one has a 100% Nodak receiver, and one has a 80% receiver.
                                Could you post up what you have to build in detail? What kind of kits, are they demilled?

The 80% receivers are really going to be trouble for the build. We need a receiver drilling jig, spot welder, center support, and we would have to heat treat them there as well. I have the receiver rail welding jig, so that isn't an issue, and phaux has a spot welder. Most people just hit the FCG holes and carrier rail with a torch, that will be sufficient, these won't be going into combat. The heat treating process takes a while. If we have a lot of people with 80%'s we probably should have two build parties. One for people who need to finish out receivers, and the main one for the rifle assembly. NOW, if you have a pre-drilled 80% receiver gat0r has the jig for that, it would just require heat treating and the center support rivet.
                                Last edited by CJ; 11-25-2013, 12:08 AM.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X