Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Floor mats

Is anyone using weather tech's in their explorer? Right now, I'm thinking weather techs in the front and second row and then picking up a Ford mat that goes in the little well under the third row, and a protector mat for when third row is folded down.
    I've got WeatherTech Floor Liners (not the Floor Mats) in my F150 and although a little pricey, it was money well spent. They hold their shape really well and prevent any liquids and stuff from getting onto your carpet. My only complaint with them is that the backing has no way to grip the carpet so sometimes it moves around unlike the Husky Liners I have in my dad's old truck. But the down side of the Husky Liners is that they did not hold there shape very well. The WeatherTech's are a perfect fit and I will be buying them again for any vehicle I get in the future.

Comment

Another hell yes to weathertech. Want a perfect fit? Hair dryer/heat gun and a little time. Perfect!
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        I've got WeatherTech Floor Liners (not the Floor Mats) in my F150 and although a little pricey, it was money well spent. They hold their shape really well and prevent any liquids and stuff from getting onto your carpet. My only complaint with them is that the backing has no way to grip the carpet so sometimes it moves around unlike the Husky Liners I have in my dad's old truck. But the down side of the Husky Liners is that they did not hold there shape very well. The WeatherTech's are a perfect fit and I will be buying them again for any vehicle I get in the future.
        Thanks for the input!

I have weathertech's in my Honda. They fit that car extremely well, and it has keepers that lock the mats in place. I went ahead and ordered a set for the front and the second row yesterday, should be here Friday.

My wife's vet clinic is building a new building. Due to the way their lot is set up, they had to put in a temporary parking lot. They cut the curb and spread white rock for parking. So, she is getting white dust in the black carpet, the mats can't get here soon enough!
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Thanks for the input!

I have weathertech's in my Honda. They fit that car extremely well, and it has keepers that lock the mats in place. I went ahead and ordered a set for the front and the second row yesterday, should be here Friday.

My wife's vet clinic is building a new building. Due to the way their lot is set up, they had to put in a temporary parking lot. They cut the curb and spread white rock for parking. So, she is getting white dust in the black carpet, the mats can't get here soon enough!
          It will keep that carpet looking brand new

Comment

Thanks for the input!

I have weathertech's in my Honda. They fit that car extremely well, and it has keepers that lock the mats in place..........
            Bought a set for my Honda Accord. Pricey like you say, but they fit better than any brand I have tried in the past.

Wish I had a set years ago when my wife dropped a Big Gulp in the Explorer's driver's side!: eek:
            Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhite View Post
              Bought a set for my Honda Accord. Pricey like you say, but they fit better than any brand I have tried in the past.

Wish I had a set years ago when my wife dropped a Big Gulp in the Explorer's driver's side!: eek:
              Did you hit her?

Comment

Im geting my '17 f-150 STx ecoboost this Friday. Haven't drove it yet. Will be a big change from always drivin a V8. Will get to see the ecoboost hype

Comment

This is the 4 banger ecoboost. I was concerned when we test drove it. But it quickly put those concerna to rest. When I finally decide to buy a truck, I wont hesitate to look at the ecoboost trucks. I don't do any heavy hauling.

The only thing that I am having to adjust to when driving it is some torque steer. I think the lower torque curve is lending itself to some torque steer when accelerating from a stop. I haven't really gotten into it yet, so I can only imagine what it does at full throttle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the 4 banger ecoboost. I was concerned when we test drove it. But it quickly put those concerna to rest. When I finally decide to buy a truck, I wont hesitate to look at the ecoboost trucks. I don't do any heavy hauling.

The only thing that I am having to adjust to when driving it is some torque steer. I think the lower torque curve is lending itself to some torque steer when accelerating from a stop. I haven't really gotten into it yet, so I can only imagine what it does at full throttle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    I thought the EcoBoost F150 hauls more weight than the V8?

Comment

I know the 3.5L out tow the 5.0 v8, but do the smaller 2.3L or 2.7L?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        I know the 3.5L out tow the 5.0 v8, but do the smaller 2.3L or 2.7L?
                        Its been so long since I entertained trading in my civic, that I couldn't say!

Comment

Only the 3.5 ecoboost. The 2.7 maxes out around 8000 pounds while the 5.0 can go over 10k with the correct gear.

Sounds like a stickier tire upgrade is in need. Usually the oem tire is junk.

Comment

3.5 can do up to like 12k with max tow IIRC.

Comment

The limit for the tow rating normally has nothing to do with the power that the engine makes. It normally is the cooling system that sets the hard limit.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                The limit for the tow rating normally has nothing to do with the power that the engine makes. It normally is the cooling system that sets the hard limit.
                                So a Toyota Corolla with a massive radiator can out tow all F150?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X