Intense LVMPD body-cam footage of police chase and shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    I'd imagine he also had a backup weapon in an ankle holster. Not to mention the dozen or so other units that showed up after the SUV hit the wall.
    got into a car one time for a ride along, he says to me "you know how to operate an AR?" told him yes. he said good, if shit pops off you got my back? again yes. so then he said I've got a j frame in my breast pocket if things get real bad, but bring the ar out and fuck em up first. I knew we were gonna get along just fine.. (un?)fortunately nothing happened that warranted me getting to play with any of the toys.

most guys I have worked with carry something on the ankle or clipped into a pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      got into a car one time for a ride along, he says to me "you know how to operate an AR?" told him yes. he said good, if shit pops off you got my back? again yes. so then he said I've got a j frame in my breast pocket if things get real bad, but bring the ar out and fuck em up first. I knew we were gonna get along just fine.. (un?)fortunately nothing happened that warranted me getting to play with any of the toys.

most guys I have worked with carry something on the ankle or clipped into a pocket.
      Haha... I had a very similar conversation at the start of my first ride along, but in reference to his shotgun.

BTW.. I was impressed with that cop.. He handled himself really well, especially shooting through the windshield.. Get that guy a Bad Motherfucker wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        Harrowing. I have been close to that situation. Brings back tough memories.
        Edit,mine was dispatched as "man drove into Walmrt, his car is on fire and he has a gun" I was 10.miles away, loading my ar15 on the way there. 128mph is the top speed of a cop crown vic
        It turned our some dumb ass kids were chasing each other around a parking lot when one of them lost control and jumped down an embankment into the back of walmart. The kids he was chasing thought he had a gun. I thought I was going to be walking into a blood bath.

Comment

We need officers like that when school shootings occur .
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

That was some gangster shit. Cops a bad ass for sure.

but damn, what is up with his horrific reload? it seems like his kit is set up poorly, or/and he needs some serious reload practice
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

All of the simunition and shoot houses in the world can't prepare you fully for when live rounds are coming your way. Yeah, he fumbled a bit, but ya know what? He went home that night, and one POS perp was DRT.

I wonder what Explorer windshields are going for these days. lol
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

He switched the gun to his left hand, so his right hand could unbuckle the seat belt, then he was trying to reload with his right hand, which probably grabbed the mag wrong because he had the mags indexed for his left hand.

To helo's point, he kept working it until he was loaded up. He kept in the fight the whole way.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Under the circumstances he experienced and all fine motor skills out the window I think he did an outfuckingstanding job.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Under the circumstances he experienced and all fine motor skills out the window I think he did an outfuckingstanding job.
                    Sure, he absolutely did a fine job. Shooting through the window is a power move.
                    I just wonder what happened with that reload
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

He did good!! Bad MFer wallet for this officer
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

so amazing no collateral damage "aka friendly fire" did not occur with all the bullets flying around

Comment

It seems like the windshield would redirect the bullets.

Comment

SV40VE?!?! that dude wasn't hitting shit with that piece of crap, lol

I use to have the 9mm version and it was junk. You could suspend a 10lb bowling ball from that trigger and it wouldn't shoot.

I'm also wondering how effective were the rounds that went through the windshield. Not knocking the cop in any way, I would have assumed they mushroomed upon impact.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                              Sure, he absolutely did a fine job. Shooting through the window is a power move.
                              I just wonder what happened with that reload
                              Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              SV40VE?!?! that dude wasn't hitting shit with that piece of crap, lol

I use to have the 9mm version and it was junk. You could suspend a 10lb bowling ball from that trigger and it wouldn't shoot.

I'm also wondering how effective were the rounds that went through the windshield. Not knocking the cop in any way, I would have assumed they mushroomed upon impact.
                              Actually this is being taught in places now. Like during an ambush, what he was doing, etc. Just depends on the windshield, gun, and distance on how far it's going to be off. Bigger longer guns may not be off at all after the first shot.

I can guarantee you he didn't even notice how loud those shots were, until later.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                Actually this is being taught in places now. Like during an ambush, what he was doing, etc. Just depends on the windshield, gun, and distance on how far it's going to be off. Bigger longer guns may not be off at all after the first shot.

I can guarantee you he didn't even notice how loud those shots were, until later.
                                What? WHAT!?

Between working around aircraft, and a lot of unmuffled gunfire, it's a miracle I can hear at all, much less as well as i do.
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X