Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to determine selling price of rare car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine selling price of rare car.

What is the best way to determine the private seller value of 2009 Roush 427R? 27k miles, basically stock with a few bolts ons.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Man, you're just going to have to research some historic sales of that exact car or just put a stupid price on it and see what offers you get. It's not going to go real high, though. If I was in the market for something like that, it would have been quickly dissipated by these new cars that are better built and faster. Not old enough to really overlook the lack of performance versus the new ones. Not sought after enough (like a 93 or 95 Cobra R). Too many miles to get a real collector's attention.

That's going to be tough to get good coin out of it. You'll have to find that needle in the haystack that just so happens to be looking for that particular car.

Comment

Look on svt performance going to take the right buyer for that car

Comment

I agree about the right buyer and doing research. Just not sure where the best place to do the research....ebay has them anywhere from 18k to 31k with all different miles and who knows what they will actually sell for. Not trying to get stupid rich off of it but don't want to sell it to low either because of not knowing the true value. My dad is just looking to get rid of it and get into a diesel truck for hauling their camper.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

With that mileage, you could probably get away with putting it on the high end of that range and adding the infamous "OBO," but with the new ones at 435hp also, it'll be hard to compete with brand new, no miles, warranty and financing.

Comment

I agree....either way I think they will get raped if they trade it in. So i told them it will be worth being patient, researching, and finding the right buyer.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Right on that.

Comment

They should leave it with me for a week for a professional appraisal.

Comment

LOL Robin....
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I'll give 15 percent more than they offer on trade

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                      I'll give 15 percent more than they offer on trade
                      Careful. That might just get it.

Comment

How much is a 95 Cobra R going for this days? I know I can google but you guys seem to be spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          Careful. That might just get it.
                          I know what trade is on the car. Still a little room. Serious offer

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                            how much is a 95 cobra r going for this days? I know i can google but you guys seem to be spot on.
                            25-26

Comment

Well what's trade?
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X