Who's here from the old days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Not sure how old you are, but it’s been a little Over 20 years since I’ve played.. I guess that’s one of those things you don’t keep if you don’t practice lol.. I hit over 1/2 in the 60 and missed I think one in the 50.. god I’m getting fucking old..
    Oh yeah, don't use it, you lose it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      That must have been a different Mike!?
      i thought we had something special.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        That far north would be a bit of a beating. A lot of us (Me, Danny, Fitzwell) are more central now, closer to downtown Fort Worth. I wonder if we could make a West 7th or Magnolia thing work.
        That wouldn't be bad, as long as it's outside, by the cars type of meet (assuming it's recurring). I'm just not interested in a sit down, bar / restaurant type get together as they're not conducive to really mingling and checking out car stuff and I just don't think those are nearly as enjoyable.

I mean, a one-off gathering at a bar or restaurant is one thing, but the draw of the weekly meets to me was that 'Sonic' or parking lot style of gathering. They were always my favorite. Everyone is standing so there is a natural movement and you end up talking to more people rather than getting stuck in chairs talking to the same three people all night. Individuals come and go, as schedules allow, and if you only stay an hour it doesn't seem like your an interloper.

Plus, those indoor gatherings are bad for people who haven't actually met others, as it's much more intimidating to wander around a bar looking for the right group and walking up cold. At least in a parking lot you can be relatively sure you're walking up to the right group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
          That wouldn't be bad, as long as it's outside, by the cars type of meet (assuming it's recurring). I'm just not interested in a sit down, bar / restaurant type get together as they're not conducive to really mingling and checking out car stuff and I just don't think those are nearly as enjoyable.

I mean, a one-off gathering at a bar or restaurant is one thing, but the draw of the weekly meets to me was that 'Sonic' or parking lot style of gathering. They were always my favorite. Everyone is standing so there is a natural movement and you end up talking to more people rather than getting stuck in chairs talking to the same three people all night. Individuals come and go, as schedules allow, and if you only stay an hour it doesn't seem like your an interloper.

Plus, those indoor gatherings are bad for people who haven't actually met others, as it's much more intimidating to wander around a bar looking for the right group and walking up cold. At least in a parking lot you can be relatively sure you're walking up to the right group.
          All great points. Can't argue with any of that. Now what would be a good car mingle spot...

There's a Sonic on University. Not quite as highway-adjacent as I would like, but it might be worth it.

301 University Drive Fort Worth, TX 76107

I'd also be open to something different. Sonic is fine, but if there's something cooler, I'm down.

Comment

All great points. Can't argue with any of that. Now what would be a good car mingle spot...

There's a Sonic on University. Not quite as highway-adjacent as I would like, but it might be worth it.

301 University Drive Fort Worth, TX 76107

I'd also be open to something different. Sonic is fine, but if there's something cooler, I'm down.
            I'm honestly not as familiar with that area.. We should reach out to Jimmy (Treadhead), he's been working that area for a few years now and I bet would have some good ideas.

Comment

• In addition to that Sonic..

There's an In-n-Out that looks like it has a really good parking lot over there on West 7th, assuming they'd be agreeable. Similar to Sonic they are drive through or walk-up based, and have outside tables and the like. Also looks like a large lot and well lit (all based on what I see on google maps):

2900 W 7th St, Fort Worth, TX 76107

Of course, one of the Sonic draws was the covered parking, though as the days get shorter that will be less important.

Comment

• That's funny, I had thought that In-n-out yesterday but spaced on it this morning. That'd be a good enough spot for me.

Comment

• This thread makes me wish I still lived in DFW.

Comment

That's funny, I had thought that In-n-out yesterday but spaced on it this morning. That'd be a good enough spot for me.
                    Perfect for me too, I won’t eat those shit burgers so I’ll hang out and save some cash!
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Perfect for me too, I won’t eat those shit burgers so I’ll hang out and save some cash!
                      And drink warm Miller High Life's out of paper cups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        WTF happened to Licoln Boy, he was good for some ribbing.
                        Who fucking knows. Guy probably has sausage fingers and cant type right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post

There's literally multiple car meets everyday of the week now in this area (DFW). Id prefer that over sitting in a restaurant or bar. I just joined Instabook and the feed is full of car meet post.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            And drink warm Miller High Life's out of paper cups.
                            Warm or piss warm? big difference....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaji View Post
                              Warm or piss warm? big difference....
                              That's a difference of dry warm and wet warm!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                Same, which I'm perfectly happy with. Sounds like we need to get this going. I like a middle of the week idea like Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'm open. I'll find a way to make whatever work.

Comment

Working...
                                X