SQL GTG Tuesday March 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abecx View Post
    wow, i totally forgot that this is tomorrow. I am going to have to reschedule it, likely until next early april.

I hope this is enough notice for people.
    10 4

Comment

typical IT guy, delaying deadlines! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        typical IT guy, delaying deadlines! :P
        "Well if management had approved the RFCs in a timely manner, had given us some more wiggle room on maintenance windows, and hadn't cut the budget in half..."

Comment

I'll come if there's free food
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I would be interested in an April session. I am SQL ignorant, but would love to learn.

Comment

I'm still very motivated to put this together, I am just heavy burdened with work, luckily it is SQL related so it'll be fresh in mind for the class. I will keep everyone posted, it might be one of those things were brevity will make it easier than making it a more formal class. We'll see.

Comment

Hopefully soonish... my first born will be here mid April so hopefully before that

Comment

Let me kmow if you ever do a class on postgresql. VMware uses it on so many products now I need to learn more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                    Hopefully soonish... my first born will be here mid April so hopefully before that
                    It'll probably be some time in April

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Let me kmow if you ever do a class on postgresql. VMware uses it on so many products now I need to learn more about it.
                    The concepts are fairly similar for all relational databases Most support ansi standard sql with their own unique functions and nuances tossed in ( eg. mysql will let you make mistakes and usually give you the right output, postgres is more syntax proper so you can guarantee results ). If you understand the principle and concepts for one, you can carry them over to the other. Grossly put, if you know PHP, you can probably code in Python as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X