Ps4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps4k

Anybody hear the rumors about a new version of the PS4 coming out that will supposedly be capable of playing games at 4k resolutions? Supposed to be officially announced before the Playstation VR comes out in October. 4k seems like a stretch to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 2k gaming, but still...a lot better than 1080p. Just wonder what the price-point will be. I'm guessing another $400 with a 1TB hard drive.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Psvr prob needs the bump in power to run well
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      Psvr prob needs the bump in power to run well
      Probably. I had been trying to decide on a new console for a while. Went ahead and got an xbone today on amazon for $250 and will probably pick up a new ps4 when it's released. Doom and FF XV got me a bit giddy.

Comment

nah..
        sigpic

Comment

Do I laugh now, or later?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Do I laugh now, or later?
            I don't know. I've heard different reports over the last two weeks. Some saying true 4k, some saying not true 4k. If it is true 4k, I'm sure the pc master race will be properly butt-hurt.

Comment

So maybe 4k video capable with upscaled gaming resolutions I guess.

Comment

I mean, anything can play 4k if you dial the detail settings back far enough, i guess.

But after reading that, it seems like they mean 4k playback of media or streamed content, not actual 4k gaming.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think its more for media and streamed content than 4k gaming, I doubt you'll see scaled 4k games come to the platform.

Crazy thing is, if their cell platform would have continued, they could just pull more power from other cell cpu devices ( tvs, stereos, etc.. ) to be able to generate the 4k gaming.

Comment

Not sure if this video was in one of the other links but gives some info on the new PS4.5 or PS4K or whatever they are calling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post

Not sure if this video was in one of the other links but gives some info on the new PS4.5 or PS4K or whatever they are calling it.
                      So again 4K media...not 4K gaming. Considering 4K blu-ray players are around the same price point, it would make sense to just get the PS4K. Just like back when the PS3 was the best blu-ray player to buy. I'd love to go PC, but after seeing so many posts here and other places that are just "I need to adjust my settings to run this game properly" it's turned me off to the idea.

Oh yeah, I don't even have a 4k TV. Probably need to get one of those before anything at this point.

Comment

Gaystation4
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X