Just smashed my nexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just smashed my nexus

So tonight I dropped a 55lb dumbell on my screen.
    I wasn't too worried since it's been 4 years since an att upgrade. I stroll in to the store only to learn then only have the "next" program. I'm not too into that.

So, I went to best buy to look at phones. I ended up getting a $249 Sony Xperia c4. It's basically a go-phone. I have 15 days to return it and completely intend to.

I liked the idea behind my nexus5, but I hated the short battery life.

I see the nexus 6 is out. Does anyone have an opinion on those? I'm looking for a phone, but I'm no excited about a $499 nexus. I'm considering a used galaxy or note on CL.
    Any advice or anyone with a decent used phone out there?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Oneplus 2: $350

Moto Maker: $300 starting.
    #hellomoto | Discover our new unlocked Android phones from motorola and stay informed about our offers and promotions.

If I was in a position where I was buying a new phone, no contract, and didn't want to pay premium phone prices, it'd be between those two.
    sigpic

Comment

I remember that one plus phone being a few months out when I bought by the nexus 5 about 18-24 months ago
      How do you think it compares to Xperia c4?
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I'd definitely give the nod to the Oneplus2 over the C4. Better camera, more ram, better cpu, and much better build quality.

I think the 2015 Moto X pure is still better than the oneplus2, but it'd cost a couple dollars more

Side by side for those three:
        Compare Sony Xperia C4 vs Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2015) vs OnePlus 2 with our phone comparison tool and get side-by-side specifications.
        sigpic

Comment

Damn mangus, that site is incredible. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much man
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

A good buddy of mine just sold his Moto X Pure for being a laggy pos, horrible user experience. Said he regrets selling his first gen 1+1. He got a Nexus 6 P to replace is and is more than pleased with it.

Comment

Do not buy a oneplus phone, junk. Read about their customer service issues.

I have a nexus 6p, I like it. Try the nexus 6x, buddy has it and loves it

Comment

So that's why you haven't been on Clash!

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                  Do not buy a oneplus phone, junk. Read about their customer service issues.

I have a nexus 6p, I like it. Try the nexus 6x, buddy has it and loves it
                  Ill look into it. I was just about to buy one. The $349 sure is appealing
                  I'd like a nexus, but I also am sort of hit with this expense suddenly and it's hard to drop $500 like that
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I've got a moto x pure and like it, coming from a Note3.

If you don't care about customizing the colors, you can order it from Amazon.

Comment

Fuck my fucking life.
                      So I bought this $274 phone completely expecting to return it this week when my new phone arrives.

I just drop it getting out of my truck and shatter the screen. A two day old phone. Now I know best buy will most likely not return it with a cracked screen.

Do I buy a Hong Kong $20 screen and try to replace it myself and order my oneplus phone and hope it all works out? I really do not have the money for this right now. How devastating
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!! Damnit Harrison!

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!! Damnit Harrison!
                          I mean, I see the humor, but I'm pretty bummed.
                          I tried to save some coin and buy a cheaper phone and I maybe out for $275 plus the $$349 one plus. The shifty thing is I need to actually be in possession of both phones at the same time and hope that BB will return the Sony phone
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Aint that a bitch, sorry about your luck
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                              I mean, I see the humor, but I'm pretty bummed.
                              I tried to save some coin and buy a cheaper phone and I maybe out for $275 plus the $$349 one plus. The shifty thing is I need to actually be in possession of both phones at the same time and hope that BB will return the Sony phone
                              I'm sorry for laughing brother ... but damn dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X