Just smashed my nexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    More than half the time since last boot, the cpu has been busy and mostly in the higher clock speed ranges. Reboot and check that app again after a few hours.
    I rebooted it and the only thing I've done since is send/receive a handful of texts.

Comment

That looks right. When it starts draining unreasonably fast again, we need to find the culprit and this should do the trick.

Edit:If you're not rooted, that won't work, we'll have to do something different.

Comment

That looks right. When it starts draining unreasonably fast again, we need to find the culprit and this should do the trick.

Edit:If you're not rooted, that won't work, we'll have to do something different.
        Thanks a lot man - I'm totally clueless. I've been at a loss for what in the hell is causing it to get drained so quickly some days. At any given time I'm only using email, Textra, Facebook (maybe), Waze and Morecast and I make sure to close apps when I'm done using them other than email and text.

I'm not rooted.

Comment

Well, I successfully returned my Sony go phone for a full refund and I'm on the oneplus2. I honestly really like it so far.
          Although, in clash of clans, when the phone is sideways im getting a very fast flash of a screen issue. Its like 2/3 of the screen and I'm not sure what's causing it. Other than that's its great
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
            Thanks a lot man - I'm totally clueless. I've been at a loss for what in the hell is causing it to get drained so quickly some days. At any given time I'm only using email, Textra, Facebook (maybe), Waze and Morecast and I make sure to close apps when I'm done using them other than email and text.

I'm not rooted.
            I hate the S6 battery life, even in Power Saving Mode, it drains way faster than I expected it too. Are you in Power Saving Mode at least? Not Ultra PSM either, that kicks ass, but is too limited, LOL.

And since the last AT&T update, it runs like dog shit. Lags when typing, swiping to change screens, etc. It is almost to the point I want to throw the fucker against the wall! No new apps running I can find in the App Manager, I think they do it as you approach 2 years to force you to upgrade!

Comment

The nexus 5x is on sale for 270 on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                I hate the S6 battery life, even in Power Saving Mode, it drains way faster than I expected it too. Are you in Power Saving Mode at least? Not Ultra PSM either, that kicks ass, but is too limited, LOL.

And since the last AT&T update, it runs like dog shit. Lags when typing, swiping to change screens, etc. It is almost to the point I want to throw the fucker against the wall! No new apps running I can find in the App Manager, I think they do it as you approach 2 years to force you to upgrade!
                Yeah...I've been running it in Power Saving Mode for a while and it doesn't seem to help much at all. My battery seems to have gotten even worse than it already was.

I think I cursed myself by responding to Harrison's post because I freaking cracked the screen on my S6 Edge. The worst part is I have no idea when or how it happened. With the exception of the time my Motorola Razor slipped out of my hand and somehow flew out of the window of my Mustang while going about 80 MPH down I-75 back in 2006, this is the first screen I've ever cracked on anything and am pissed!!!

Since the battery is totally sucking and now the screen is cracked, I went ahead and pre-ordered an S7 Edge yesterday. According to AT&T, it's supposed to be shipped to me next week. I really like the LG G5, but I just don't see myself ever using some of it's features (i.e. camera plugin thingy, robot ball).

Anyone know how much it costs to have an S6 Edge screen replaced? My middle son needs a phone so I think I'm going to replace the screen and give it to him.

Anyone else thinking about getting an S7?

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                  The nexus 5x is on sale for 270 on ebay
                  Not a bad deal. The oneplus 2 is working well for me so far. My Nexus 5 was good though
                  Yeah...I've been running it in Power Saving Mode for a while and it doesn't seem to help much at all. My battery seems to have gotten even worse than it already was.

I think I cursed myself by responding to Harrison's post because I freaking cracked the screen on my S6 Edge. The worst part is I have no idea when or how it happened. With the exception of the time my Motorola Razor slipped out of my hand and somehow flew out of the window of my Mustang while going about 80 MPH down I-75 back in 2006, this is the first screen I've ever cracked on anything and am pissed!!!

Since the battery is totally sucking and now the screen is cracked, I went ahead and pre-ordered an S7 Edge yesterday. According to AT&T, it's supposed to be shipped to me next week. I really like the LG G5, but I just don't see myself ever using some of it's features (i.e. camera plugin thingy, robot ball).

Anyone know how much it costs to have an S6 Edge screen replaced? My middle son needs a phone so I think I'm going to replace the screen and give it to him.

Eek. Bummer dude.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

LMAO, the last phone I broke was my Razr (in 2005), as I was telling someone I have dropped it several times and it was tough as nails, then 10 seconds later, dropped it and it broke. :-(

By the way, I hate this S6 (not the Edge model). Fricken slow-ass POS! I've disabled all sorts of shit, still has bad lag time when doing shit.

Comment

Yellowstang, try Google Now Launcher or an alternative launcher as apposed to TouchWiz. Everything I've read says it alleviates the vast majority of lag issues on the S6.

Comment

Yellowstang, try Google Now Launcher or an alternative launcher as apposed to TouchWiz. Everything I've read says it alleviates the vast majority of lag issues on the S6.
                        I'll give it a shot. It all started just after the last AT&T update, it worked fine until that stupid forced update (you can only ignore it for so long).

Comment

I don't play any games on my phone or ANY social media and my phone will last two days without a charge. I've been buying Motorola's since the first Droid X, I'm now on my Turbo and no issues. We have three between us and no complaints on battery life.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I don't play any games on my phone or ANY social media and my phone will last two days without a charge. I've been buying Motorola's since the first Droid X, I'm now on my Turbo and no issues. We have three between us and no complaints on battery life.
                            You text tho!
                            IN-COM-PLETE

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                              I hate how the Galaxy went to internal memory only. I like skirting costs by using my own SD card.
                              The new S7 now has expandable memory via a Micro SD Card (the SIM tray has an extra spot to add an Micro SD Card)

[QUOTE=Gear_Jammer;1555195]
                              Since the battery is totally sucking and now the screen is cracked, I went ahead and pre-ordered an S7 Edge yesterday. According to AT&T, it's supposed to be shipped to me next week. I really like the LG G5, but I just don't see myself ever using some of it's features (i.e. camera plugin thingy, robot ball)./QUOTE]

Well at least one thing about the G5 is that it has a swappable battery.

Comment

Just went to Verizon and bought a Motorola Droid Turbo 2, did not port over my AT&T phone tho. I'll keep it a bit longer to make sure I like this, then cancel that fucker later.

Guess I should check what my new number is, LOL, no idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X