New (to me) Beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (to me) Beater

2004 with 176K miles. Power everything which still works. Sunroof, heated seats individually controlled, driver/pass. climate control. Owner made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Looks to be in good shape. I've never seen an early 2000 chevy go without any electrical issues. Damn things a unicorn.

Comment

Give it a week...

Comment

Nice truck. Usually we only see blend doors and gauge clusters fail on those. Well that and rear mains like to leak after 100k but other than that they seem reliable.
        If the parking brake is rarely used I would avoid using it. Bad design, likes to stick.

Good looking truck, always preferred them without the "body armor".
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Thanks. Owner did say the tach reads high on occasion, but said it's an easy fix with soldering in a new stepper motor. Those clusters are cake to take out and I has soldering skillz, so....

Comment

Nice Tupperware truck, I couldn’t have one because of the tiny ass bed.

Which reminds me I need to order a blend door actuator for my 99.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Thanks. Owner did say the tach reads high on occasion, but said it's an easy fix with soldering in a new stepper motor. Those clusters are cake to take out and I has soldering skillz, so....
              I just went through this on my '04 Z71... pulled the cluster, sent it out for repair (after I tried unsuccessfully to replace the steeper motor on the volt gauge myself) to an electronics shop in AZ.. cost was 62.00 to replace all stepper motors and it took about a week to get it there, repaired and back to me.

mardyn

Comment

^^^ What's the name of the shop?

Comment

I redid the cluster in my 2005 Suburban myself, it was pretty easy after watching a couple of youtube videos. I went ahead and just replaced all of the stepper motors and all of the lights, although only a couple weren't working. It was even my first time soldering!

Comment

Turn Electronics @ 480-748-3496

They did an excellent job on mine, particularly where I kinda' F'd up the circuit board while trying to solder in a new connection.

Comment

I never quite "got" the Avalanche deal. It's kind of like the interior of a Tahoe without all the secure and covered storage, and the exposed bed of a pickup truck without the ability to carry anything. Yours looks like a nice one though.

My dad did work at Regency, and they had contracts with GM at that time to do various projects with them like striping the Hybrid Tahoes, etc. They got their first Avalanche and immediately took off the plastic cladding, smoothed and painted it all, and reinstalled. Looked pretty sharp and they were going to make it a normal offering until some GM honchos found out about it. They were told to cease doing that because Chevy was planning to make painted cladding part of the package a few years later (which they did).
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

nice! I always see them having a lot of trans issues... not sure why

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          I never quite "got" the Avalanche deal. It's kind of like the interior of a Tahoe without all the secure and covered storage, and the exposed bed of a pickup truck without the ability to carry anything. Yours looks like a nice one though.

My dad did work at Regency, and they had contracts with GM at that time to do various projects with them like striping the Hybrid Tahoes, etc. They got their first Avalanche and immediately took off the plastic cladding, smoothed and painted it all, and reinstalled. Looked pretty sharp and they were going to make it a normal offering until some GM honchos found out about it. They were told to cease doing that because Chevy was planning to make painted cladding part of the package a few years later (which they did).
                          I disliked them from day one. The later versions without the plastic rockers were tolerable, but I was still never a fan of the styling. I really dislike the 'roll bar' shaped plastics. I've never really liked the angled headlights the trucks got either.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                            nice! I always see them having a lot of trans issues... not sure why
                            Probably people towing and flogging the fuck out of them and overheating the trans.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            The bed on this is lockable and the cab/box opens into the bed, rear seats collapse so longer things can be hauled.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I disliked them from day one.
                            Hater.

Comment

Working...
                            X