MPT performance tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPT performance tune

Anybody using this tune on their ecoboost? Been reading a buttload of reviews an havent really found a bad one yet. Gains are crazy

If you're still running OEM turbos, you'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
      If you're still running OEM turbos, you'll be happy.
      Bone stock less the fart pipe cat back. Thanks. Any issues with those numbers being that high?

Comment

I have a couple MPT tunes for my coyote but haven't run them much. The tune I do run isn't octane restricted so I've been using it since around 1k. I like being able to fill up with whatever and not have to swap tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          Bone stock less the fart pipe cat back. Thanks. Any issues with those numbers being that high?
          Nah. There are EB failures out there but your odds of a failure don't seem to be increased by a simple tune from what I've read. There are plenty of bone stock trucks that throw a rod. Nothing definitive that points to basic tunes like MPT, Unleashed, etc.

I ran an Unleashed tune on my wife's Expedition (2015 with the 3.5 EB) and it was a night and day difference. I did a 93 octane tune but told him I wasn't looking for all out ragged performance since it's a family hauling SUV - the main thing we wanted was improved throttle response. We got that plus plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
            I have a couple MPT tunes for my coyote but haven't run them much. The tune I do run isn't octane restricted so I've been using it since around 1k. I like being able to fill up with whatever and not have to swap tunes.

They have an any octsne tune as well. In fact they have a pretty good selection of tunes

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              Nah. There are EB failures out there but your odds of a failure don't seem to be increased by a simple tune from what I've read. There are plenty of bone stock trucks that throw a rod. Nothing definitive that points to basic tunes like MPT, Unleashed, etc.

I ran an Unleashed tune on my wife's Expedition (2015 with the 3.5 EB) and it was a night and day difference. I did a 93 octane tune but told him I wasn't looking for all out ragged performance since it's a family hauling SUV - the main thing we wanted was improved throttle response. We got that plus plenty.
              Awesome, thanks for the feedback. May pull the trigger on one an wait a year to actually use it. Still in warranty

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                They have an any octsne tune as well. In fact they have a pretty good selection of tunes
                Yeah, I have 5 myself. The only any octane tune I see listed is only transmission tuning as far as shift schedules etc, no motor gains to be had. Ken that did my tune did all of the tuning for MPT prior to opening his own shop.

https://tuningbyoz.com As far as I know he doesn't step outside of the coyote motors but it might be worth emailing him.

Comment

I went with 5 Star Tuning after some reviews I read. I've been very happy.

5 Star Tuning specializes in high-performance tuning that elevates your vehicle's horsepower, torque, and overall efficiency. Explore our range of performance products!
                  sigpic

Comment

I went with the v8, and couldn't be happier.

Comment

I almost got a v8, but didn't have any other option for the center console and MySync/Nav/blahblah that I wanted in a single cab short bed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

*snickers*

David

Comment

Ecoboost V8 here. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            I almost got a v8, but didn't have any other option for the center console and MySync/Nav/blahblah that I wanted in a single cab short bed.
                            I was dead set on a v8 originally then I actually drove an ecoboost and that changed my mind. So far I'm happy with the decision.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. Drove a 2018 with the 5.0. Thing runs! But u wont gain a 100 hp with a tune

Comment

Working...
                              X