• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    And they never are punished for their actions
    Or not adequately, at least.

Comment

• I hate to lump in what has to be a great majority of good people at the FBI.... However it all starts at the top (Washington).

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

As true today as ever.

Many of these issues will start to be solved when states start taking their power back from "that city back east" that was never supposed to have that type of power in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
        I hate to lump in what has to be a great majority of good people at the FBI.... However it all starts at the top (Washington).

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

As true today as ever.

Many of these issues will start to be solved when states start taking their power back from "that city back east" that was never supposed to have that type of power in the first place.
        Amen

Comment

• the trend i see in these is they typically start with someone in a government agency getting all uppity about a common peasant telling him or her no.

i have read quite a bit, be it all internet articles and wikipedia, about ruby ridge and not so much regarding the others, but the stories all seem to start the same. someone told the government to fuck off, and then came the thunder.

Comment

• Ruby Ridge is a whole other animal. They set Randy up in order to use him as a pawn in a bigger game and he didn't go along with the plan. Granted, he's no saint, but he lost a son and a wife because of the actions of a few over zealous agents.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

• the FBI has been corrupted as hell since the day it was created.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                the FBI has been corrupted as hell since the day it was created.
                At the bottom rungs it is not. Once you get higher than middle management it is nothing but political. This is not my opinion; it is the opinion of 3 men that I grew up with who all work for the FBI.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  At the bottom rungs it is not. Once you get higher than middle management it is nothing but political. This is not my opinion; it is the opinion of 3 men that I grew up with who all work for the FBI.
                  The cat charged in this case is a bottom rung mother fucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                    The cat charged in this case is a bottom rung mother fucker.

Then the cancer has metastasized.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                      I hate to lump in what has to be a great majority of good people at the FBI...
                      I'm not as sure about that as everyone else. My guess would be that the good ones do outnumber the G-man types, but only barely. Wouldn't surprise me if nearly half of them are happy to just go along with whatever the guy right above them is saying, even if its clearly quite immoral or even illegal. All the huge fuck ups in their history weren't pulled off by just a few sick bastards. They had a lot of help from their subordinates, which are the rank and file. Fuck em, dissolve the agency.
                      WH

Comment

• Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Clemency for Dwight and Steven Hammond

Today, President Donald J. Trump signed Executive Grants of Clemency (Full Pardons) for Dwight Lincoln Hammond, Jr., and his son, Steven Hammond. The Hammonds are multi-generation cattle ranchers in Oregon imprisoned in connection with a fire that leaked onto a small portion of neighboring public grazing land. The evidence at trial regarding the Hammonds’ responsibility for the fire was conflicting, and the jury acquitted them on most of the charges.

At the Hammonds’ original sentencing, the judge noted that they are respected in the community and that imposing the mandatory minimum, 5-year prison sentence would “shock the conscience” and be “grossly disproportionate to the severity” of their conduct. As a result, the judge imposed significantly lesser sentences. The previous administration, however, filed an overzealous appeal that resulted in the Hammonds being sentenced to five years in prison. This was unjust.

Dwight Hammond is now 76 years old and has served approximately three years in prison. Steven Hammond is 49 and has served approximately four years in prison. They have also paid $400,000 to the United States to settle a related civil suit. The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community, and have widespread support from their neighbors, local law enforcement, and farmers and ranchers across the West. Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                          Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Clemency for Dwight and Steven Hammond

Today, President Donald J. Trump signed Executive Grants of Clemency (Full Pardons) for Dwight Lincoln Hammond, Jr., and his son, Steven Hammond. The Hammonds are multi-generation cattle ranchers in Oregon imprisoned in connection with a fire that leaked onto a small portion of neighboring public grazing land. The evidence at trial regarding the Hammonds’ responsibility for the fire was conflicting, and the jury acquitted them on most of the charges.

At the Hammonds’ original sentencing, the judge noted that they are respected in the community and that imposing the mandatory minimum, 5-year prison sentence would “shock the conscience” and be “grossly disproportionate to the severity” of their conduct. As a result, the judge imposed significantly lesser sentences. The previous administration, however, filed an overzealous appeal that resulted in the Hammonds being sentenced to five years in prison. This was unjust.

Dwight Hammond is now 76 years old and has served approximately three years in prison. Steven Hammond is 49 and has served approximately four years in prison. They have also paid $400,000 to the United States to settle a related civil suit. The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community, and have widespread support from their neighbors, local law enforcement, and farmers and ranchers across the West. Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency.
                          They're due a hell of a lot more than just this pardon. This is the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            They're due a hell of a lot more than just this pardon. This is the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned.

What are the odds Hillary would’ve pardoned them?

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              What are the odds Hillary would’ve pardoned them?
                              less than zero. Doesn't change the fact.

Comment

• Hang the agents who shot that other guy. In public. Make all the other agents watch. Record it and force other agencies to watch. Tell them this is what happens.

No reason he couldn't have just been arrested at some point. Get a rope. Hang em high.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X