Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 38 yr old paint miracles by counterfiend

Before shot.

And after paint correction and coating. Worth every penny.

Looks great!

Comment

Just wait until I actually get around to posting some pictures. The paint was seriously neglected. Which was no fault of Anthony. He bought it and it had just not had the appropriate attention in a long time. The car had no dept and no real reflection on the horizontal surfaces to speak of. Many hours, a few stages of paint correction and the 22PLE HPC coating that I do and the car looks totally different! I'll post some good pictures tonight!
      www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

I need to get this service! When I finally dig my car back out Ill get in touch.

Comment

So is that the new project car? Looks good! Can't wait to see Counterfiend's pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            So is that the new project car? Looks good! Can't wait to see Counterfiend's pictures.
            Yes that's one of my antique driver's. The other is a blk/blk '91 ZR-1. I drove it today and will be doing some work on it this weekend. The '78 is going to get some interior love (it's pretty decent really but needs a new dash pad, clock repair and I got new carpet with it), and then it will go back to CF for some interior shinola. The ZR-1 will go to CF this fall or winter for a workover. I could probably turn a profit on both cars, but I really just like driving them once a week as weather permits. I'm sure this winter drive time will be hard to come by for both cars.

Next year my son wants to take the '91 on the entire Hot Rod Power Tour. We might do it.

I have about as much money in both cars as I would have in a new GT, and honestly both of these cars make me smile more. They probably aren't better, but they are both time machines. And since they are antiques and on a collector's policy I have way better coverage but a much lower insurance rate.

I'm going to add a C5 to my collection in 3 or so years, and then a C6. If I ever get really lucky, one day I will pick up a C2. If my kids (son and daughter) don't ever make me senile and angry, chances are they will inherit them one day. I'm not selling any of them.

Back to the work CF did for me. Honestly, it was spectacular. The photos do not do it justice since they are phone pics. You have to see the car in person to believe it. I feel like I got a great deal. He undersells his skills if anything.
            I have a stack of cards to take to the next Corvette show or gathering I attend as well. If you need your car to shine, you are better off just sending it to CF. You would easily spend a good portion of what he charges in material. Also, I don't have the experience for a project like this one. His skills literally saved the paint and made it shine. The paint on the St. Louis plant 'Vettes sucks and it's thinner than paper. If I had tried any of this I would've rubbed the paint right off and had to repaint the entire car. It's now a blessed survivor and will remain so in my care.

If anyone wants to get together to talk cars, share rides, trade brews or go to a gun range, I like all of those activities. I'm blessed to have a good job, great wife and good kids to allow me to enjoy my hobbies too.
            Last edited by AnthonyS; 06-24-2016, 04:45 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Yes that's one of my antique driver's. The other is a blk/blk '91 ZR-1. I drove it today and will be doing some work on it this weekend. The '78 is going to get some interior love (it's pretty decent really but needs a new dash pad, clock repair and I got new carpet with it), and then it will go back to CF for some interior shinola. The ZR-1 will go to CF this fall or winter for a workover. I could probably turn a profit on both cars, but I really just like driving them once a week as weather permits. I'm sure this winter drive time will be hard to come by for both cars.

Next year my son wants to take the '91 on the entire Hot Rod Power Tour. We might do it.

I have about as much money in both cars as I would have in a new GT, and honestly both of these cars make me smile more. They probably aren't better, but they are both time machines. And since they are antiques and on a collector's policy I have way better coverage but a much lower insurance rate.

I'm going to add a C5 to my collection in 3 or so years, and then a C6. If I ever get really lucky, one day I will pick up a C2. If my kids (son and daughter) don't ever make me senile and angry, chances are they will inherit them one day. I'm not selling any of them.

Back to the work CF did for me. Honestly, it was spectacular. The photos do not do it justice since they are phone pics. You have to see the car in person to believe it. I feel like I got a great deal. He undersells his skills if anything.
              I have a stack of cards to take to the next Corvette show or gathering I attend as well. If you need your car to shine, you are better off just sending it to CF. You would easily spend a good portion of what he charges in material. Also, I don't have the experience for a project like this one. His skills literally saved the paint and made it shine. The paint on the St. Louis plant 'Vettes sucks and it's thinner than paper. If I had tried any of this I would've rubbed the paint right off and had to repaint the entire car. It's now a blessed survivor and will remain so in my care.

If anyone wants to get together to talk cars, share rides, trade brews or go to a gun range, I like all of those activities. I'm blessed to have a good job, great wife and good kids to allow me to enjoy my hobbies too.
              Word on all that, if you love your vehicle let it shine like its supposed to. People ask me all the time... "is this new?", me= no its 8 years old and lived outside most of its life, them= "How is it so shiny then?"
              Last edited by inline 6; 08-03-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Counterfiend, clean out your PM box.

Comment

Just call the man.

Comment

Working...
                  X