Best way to do a moveable VR wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to do a moveable VR wall?

I got a couple of those HTC Vives so me and the wife and friends can play co-op VR. Already have all the necessary hardware to do that. But what I need is a wall that I can take down if necessary. I might want to use the room for something else for a while. Then later on, be able to put the wall back up and play VR again. And I just really don't want a permanent wall or room divider in there.

So I need to come up with a way to make an easily deconstructable wall. Only thing I've come up with so far is pvc. 4 sections of PVC held together by some kind of connector. A dull black fabric would span the gaps between the PVC. Then when I wanted to take it down, I could disconnect the 4 sections of this makeshit wall, and stuff them under the bed or something.

Good idea, or bad? How would you go about doing this? Maybe pvc is a crappy idea and I should be using something else.
    WH

BS, you don't have any friends!

Comment

Lmao

Comment

shouldn't you finish the weight rack first?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          BS, you don't have any friends!
          I got you guys don't I?

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          shouldn't you finish the weight rack first?
          Done long ago. Try to keep up!

I'm gonna try to cheap out and be lazy and see if a curtain will work.
          WH

Comment

oh cool, post pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              I got you guys don't I?

Comment

So if I'm reading you guys right, you're all coming to my house to play VR? Awesome!!

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                oh cool, post pics!
                Ok, but you're not going to like it.
                WH

Comment

OK, I'm, lost. So you want to divide the room with this temporary wall, or will you project something onto it? Does it have to be sturdy, or could you string a wire across it, and hang a curtain up and slide it across to divide it?

Comment

No more wall for now. It seems 2 headsets can be ran off of 2 sensors. You set up the visible "grid" so that the players can see where they should not go, lest they run into each other. It does seem to work, at least for now until I run into some new problem.

Had to repaint the room with a flat paint. The walls were much too glossy, which really screws with the sensors. Not a real big deal, as the room still looked like original from 1983. At least it will be an improvement.
                    Last edited by Gasser64; 10-29-2017, 07:00 PM.
                    WH

Comment

A discarded computer table that seemed perfectly good to me. Still strong and sturdy. Gonna use this to replace the dresser that the computers are sitting on in the first pic.

WH

Comment

Oh here's that damned dumbell wrack. Moved it out of the room and stuck it on the side of the house for now. Just small i beams that happen to fit very well over 2x4's. Easy to take apart for moving it around. I didn't stain the wood, but I probably should have. May do that eventually.

WH

Comment

Working...
                        X