X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Is 12v input the same as 12 volt (+)?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Yes

Comment

Anyone near Duncanville that could help out tomorrow with a wiring issue??

Comment

If I hadn't felt like crap today I would have headed over! Fucking people coming to work with the crud. Assholes.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Well being 250 miles away I can't but what ya got man?

Comment

Installing a after market gauge cluster in my 92 and it has me t-tapping into certain circuits that run to the connector behind the original cluster, it asks me to tap into the turn signals, there are 2 wires to each turn signal, do I tap into both with 1 t-tap? When I use the tester both wires turn the light on

Comment

Florida 5.0?

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                Florida 5.0?
                Yes

Comment

I would go w tapping in 1 wire only,not both

Comment

I would guess you could probably do one or both since they’re probably already connected somewhere else. One is probably flashers and the other your turn signal. When I installed my Florida 5.0 i also redid all of my wiring with an American autowire whole car kit so I’m not sure exactly what you got going on. I would call Florida 5.0. I had to call them for something when I did mine and they were really helpful.

Comment

Sounds like connecting the 2 wires to the tap into would be a short circuit,no?

Comment

I’m not sure how he hooked up the test light light and whether it illuminated with the turn signals on or not. But after looking at the stock instrument cluster wiring diagram the left hand turn signal indicator wire from the cluster should get t-tapped to a lg/w wire on the cars harness and the right hand turn signal indicator should get t-tapped to a w/lb wire.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                          I’m not sure how he hooked up the test light light and whether it illuminated with the turn signals on or not. But after looking at the stock instrument cluster wiring diagram the left hand turn signal indicator wire from the cluster should get t-tapped to a lg/w wire on the cars harness and the right hand turn signal indicator should get t-tapped to a w/lb wire.
                          yes but there are 2 lg/w wires for the left and 2 w/lb wires for the right going into the connector. when i hook them up to the light they both do the exact same thing, im gonna pull the fenders off this weekend to see if im missing a ground somewhere or something on the headlight wire harness

Comment

If they both go to the same pin on the cars gauge cluster connector... pick one and hook it up. They’re already connected. Or tap them both it does not matter.

What gauges did you go with?

Comment

the cobalt
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X