Question on 2 different Ford vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on 2 different Ford vehicles

OK, first question. WTF can be done for the dim as hell headlights in the '16 F-150? Last night driving in the rain, it was like the headlights were not even on. In clear night time driving they suck, but last night the low light level was really noticeable.
    Anyone done anything to improve them?

Second question. Sync 3 in my Mustang. I have 2 USB drives in the slots, but can only play music from whichever was plugged in first. It sees it, says USB 1/2 detected when I plug the second in, but I can not figure out how to get Sync to play off it? Is there such a command?

I did LEDs on my '12 mustang, I'll text you the brand later this afternoon. They have the beam cutoff built in (no blinding on coming traffic) as well as the digital power harness as not to interfere with your electronics.

On the SYNC 3 USB, on the '17 we just use the wireless feature to Sync the phone, we have Androids.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      OK, first question. WTF can be done for the dim as hell headlights in the '16 F-150? Last night driving in the rain, it was like the headlights were not even on. In clear night time driving they suck, but last night the low light level was really noticeable.
      Anyone done anything to improve them?
      Way better bulbs is the answer to the headlights question. Yeah the LEDs are a good choice. But you can even do the expensive incandescents from autozone. I forgot the name... silverstar ultra? There is one that is very bright, much brighter than stock. But they run hot as hell and are known to typically last only about a year. You want the ones 1 step below those. They don't get quite so hot and they last 2 or 3 years, and are still a good deal brighter than stock.
      WH

Comment

Thx for the replies.
        Henry, I want 2 different USB sticks so I can have music Lyn may listen too. My primary is death metal, she doesn't like it. ;-)

Comment

Henry, please post the info here too. I would like to upgrade the lights on '16 f150 too. Mine are shit compared to my wife's maxima.

Comment

I am driving my wife's old 2010 Edge. I bought some $45 LED bulbs on Amazon, and they are outstanding. Came with the adapter piece and were straight plug and play. I'll need a second set for the high beam bulb, but I rarely switch to high beam now because these are so bright.

Comment

Measure voltage drop at the bulbs. You will find that it is going to only be about 11 volts; turning on the whippers and defrost while measuring to voltage at the bulb will drop it another 1 to 1.5 volts. Adding a relay harness to allow full alterntor voltage to get to the bulbs will up the light out put by about 1/3 even under the best previous conditions.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

My '17 F-150 stx has shit light as well. Half the time can not tell the are on at night. Looks like ima upgrade my bulbs now

Comment

These are the ones I bought on EBAY, they are expensive, but they are plug and play, they feature LOW/HIGH beam.

One Pair JDM ASTAR H11 LED Bulbs (2 bulbs). LED type: PX LED Chip. JDM ASTAR 3157 3057 LED Amber Bulbs High Power PX SMD Turn Signal Blinker Light. JDM ASTAR 2x H11 H8 54 SMD Bright LED Xenon White Fog Driving Light Bulbs 3030.
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

So on a scale of 1-10 with me ranking between retarded and can barely turn a wrench (a solid 3), should I try to put these in or hire it out?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      So on a scale of 1-10 with me ranking between retarded and can barely turn a wrench (a solid 3), should I try to put these in or hire it out?
                      You've seriously never changed a headlight bulb?

It's barely a step above gassing up...

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        So on a scale of 1-10 with me ranking between retarded and can barely turn a wrench, should I try to put these in or hire it out?
                        Hmmm, if you can remove and unplug a headlight bulb, then very easy. They have a set screw that you can move the bulb so the beam is correct and they just plug in to the factory harness, no big deal really. I had to attach the small powerbox via two sided tape or you could plastic tie it.

Comment

LOL It's an easy swap. Here is what I got for the Edge.

Comment

These are the ones I bought for the fog lights (no high beam), in the this AD they offer which head light bulb you need, I went to Sylvania and used their application software to find my exact bulb.

Last edited by Rick Modena; 02-07-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              You've seriously never changed a headlight bulb?

It's barely a step above gassing up...
                              The newest vehicle I have changed a headlight on was a 94 GT. I figure something is bound to have changed, especially the way manufacturers make shit hard to get to.

Comment

Working...
                              X