What do you do when your mailman sucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
    parking in the street looks like shit blocks emergency vehicles etc.
    LOL... whatever do those neighborhoods with street parking only do? My grandparents lived in an area with a rear garage/alley most of their married lives yet everyone parked on the street. You'd burst into tears if you saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      parking in the street looks like shit blocks emergency vehicles etc. it's always the trash in my neighborhood that does it.

I have noticed that its not common practice in the nicer neighborhoods. But that may be because they've got a lot more space in their driveway. Just more land in general per house.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I have noticed that its not common practice in the nicer neighborhoods. But that may be because they've got a lot more space in their driveway. Just more land in general per house.
        I wonder if its the same for uppity zero lots?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Consider moving out of the ghetto Captain, and trash in your neighborhood should be a non-issue

(j/k)
          The trash is supposed to be moving in a few months. Hoping the problem will move away. Most of my neighbors are cool. Zero lot hoods aren't that great. Won't do it again

Comment

Have had issues with my usps carrier for over a year. I park my work truck (crew cab 3/4ton) in the street and the guy says he has to have more room. Guy tells me he has to have at least 30ft yet my front curb frontage is only 38-40ft so it ain't happening. Call his station manager after not getting mail and typically never got a call back. Called local head postmaster who told me he would "look into it" but nothing happened. Next day I emailed a complaint to Ft Worth office (they are over my entire area) and was getting calls within 20min of submitting them complaint. Station manager calls saying he will be going by my residence to see if there is some way to resolve the issue. He talks about moving the box until I tell him where water and gas mains are. Then says well they have a no "back up without a spotter" policy and that's why he needs room. I inform him that if that's the case he can put my mail in the box when he exits the vehicle at the house on either side of me as their boxes are on the house. It all boils down to it being a new young kid who is apparently very lazy. I still occasionally don't get mail and if I go 2 days without even junk mail I call Ft Worth. The last time the station manager called me and he informed me that he was newly taking over and gave me his cell phone to call direct the next time I didn't get mail.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              Have had issues with my usps carrier for over a year. I park my work truck (crew cab 3/4ton) in the street and the guy says he has to have more room. Guy tells me he has to have at least 30ft yet my front curb frontage is only 38-40ft so it ain't happening. Call his station manager after not getting mail and typically never got a call back. Called local head postmaster who told me he would "look into it" but nothing happened. Next day I emailed a complaint to Ft Worth office (they are over my entire area) and was getting calls within 20min of submitting them complaint. Station manager calls saying he will be going by my residence to see if there is some way to resolve the issue. He talks about moving the box until I tell him where water and gas mains are. Then says well they have a no "back up without a spotter" policy and that's why he needs room. I inform him that if that's the case he can put my mail in the box when he exits the vehicle at the house on either side of me as their boxes are on the house. It all boils down to it being a new young kid who is apparently very lazy. I still occasionally don't get mail and if I go 2 days without even junk mail I call Ft Worth. The last time the station manager called me and he informed me that he was newly taking over and gave me his cell phone to call direct the next time I didn't get mail.
              I was informed of the same thing before and it's probably a USPS policy due to liability issues. My usual delivery guy showed me once about how much room they needed to be able to pull forward without backing up, and it wasn't very much (probably 10 feet or so) and I have since been doing so. It helped I'm sure being on good terms with him beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                I was informed of the same thing before and it's probably a USPS policy due to liability issues. My usual delivery guy showed me once about how much room they needed to be able to pull forward without backing up, and it wasn't very much (probably 10 feet or so) and I have since been doing so. It helped I'm sure being on good terms with him beforehand.
                The kicker is usps policy is for them to "dismount" the truck and put mail in the box provided it's safely reachable but their union policy says they don't have to.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

We have a common box that serves multiple addresses and opens perpendicular to the street, so our mailman has to dismount his vehicle to make deliveries.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    LOL... whatever do those neighborhoods with street parking only do? My grandparents lived in an area with a rear garage/alley most of their married lives yet everyone parked on the street. You'd burst into tears if you saw it.
                    oh it's terrible! Especially when they're lined up both sides and there's only enough room for one vehicle at a time. I've seen stretches of road where opposite drivers have to swerve between parked cars just to let the other pass by.

Comment

Working...
                    X