Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    http://bikemart.com/product/12specia...9-105431-1.htm

ok entry level? $1000+ is hard to swallow, considering my limited freetime. i havent ridden a mtb since college. pretty much been honing my badass bmx skillz

god bless.
    Spring shocks are good, they just cant lock out like an air shock (big woop). FOr the money, that is a good bike. Mix match of components but it surely doesnt suck.
    My next HT will be a Carve. Mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      Wait for late Friday morning. I'll meet up with you and we can ride.

Sent from my A100
      Ill try, My only dilema is this week we have no short day thanks to new minimum staffing requirements as of last week.. Therefore if one person is off, I get no short day. Im working 12's all week. So, that being said, im 6p-6a and will probably be at horseshoe at around 730-8. That too early Luis?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        If you want to ride a trail that doesn't suck, let me know. I'll ride Northshore with you whenever.
        Give me some time! I just started this crap again and need the easy stuff! My dad and brother enjoyed it, every monday it seems my brother and dad will be riding. Eventually they'll buy there own bikes. Currently borrowing my hopper and renting another.

Comment

Admin, you might wanna add these to the top post or whatever but here are some helpful websites.

Helpful website:
          www.bikesdirect.com Decent prices on bikes etc
          www.nashbar.com Great deals on accessories
          www.dorba.org Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association (check out availability of area trails)
          www.mtbr.com Great place for reviews on bikes and products

Local Bike retailers
          www.bicyclesinc.com located in Hurst, Arlington, Fort Worth, and Keller
          www.bicyclesplustx.com located in Flower Mound
          www.richardsonbikemart.com located in Richardson. Huge selection
          www.performancebikes located in Southlake, Dallas, Arlington, Plano, and Fort Worth

Try to avoid:
          www.walmart.com no...
          www.target.com hell no...
          www.academysports.com really? NO!

Manufacturers:
          www.specialized.com Specialized bicycle website
          www.trekbikes.com Trek and Gary Fisher bicycle website
          www.cannondale.com Cannondale bicycle website
          www.GTbicycles.com GT bicycle website
          www.santacruzmtb.com/home Santa Cruz bicycle website
          www.giant-bicycles.com Giant bicycle website
          www.ninerbikes.com Niner bicycle website
          www.bmc-racing.com BMC bicycle website
          Add more here...

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            Spring shocks are good, they just cant lock out like an air shock (big woop). FOr the money, that is a good bike. Mix match of components but it surely doesnt suck.
            My next HT will be a Carve. Mmmm.
            Coil spring shocks are heavy, and hard to adjust, because you have to replace a spring to account for differences in rider weight. Normally the bikes come very under sprung for any adult that rides. So there are a lot of reasons to go for a nice air fork.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              http://bikemart.com/product/12specia...9-105431-1.htm

ok entry level? $1000+ is hard to swallow, considering my limited freetime. i havent ridden a mtb since college. pretty much been honing my badass bmx skillz

god bless.
              ... BUY A USED BIKE!

Seriously man, don't buy a cheap piece of shit. That same $700 will get you a decent capable bike if you don't mind buying one that's been sitting in someone's garage for a year.

Comment

Coil spring shocks are heavy, and hard to adjust, because you have to replace a spring to account for differences in rider weight. Normally the bikes come very under sprung for any adult that rides. So there are a lot of reasons to go for a nice air fork.
                ditto. Air forks are so easy to setup and hastle free and work so darn well. Spend a little extra money. Everything else is meaningless if you don't have a well suspended bike. Period.

Comment

A couple of years old with:
                  Fox suspension, good hydraulic brakes, quality bars/skewers, mavic wheels, etc.

Comment

Anybody doing early Saturday morning rides?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                      if by early, you mean 10:30am, I'm in.

Comment

... BUY A USED BIKE!

Seriously man, don't buy a cheap piece of shit. That same $700 will get you a decent capable bike if you don't mind buying one that's been sitting in someone's garage for a year.

Agreed.
                        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

I think we may have a group ride Saturday morning, if ya'll are interested. Although I hear it may be Big Cedar again. IF that's true I'm out! LOL. Once a week there is fine with me. Hopefully it'll be Northshore. I hear they made changes to River Legacy. Anybody follow up on this?
                          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                            I think we may have a group ride Saturday morning, if ya'll are interested. Although I hear it may be Big Cedar again. IF that's true I'm out! LOL. Once a week there is fine with me. Hopefully it'll be Northshore. I hear they made changes to River Legacy. Anybody follow up on this?
                            Yep not sure how long it's been since you've been out at river legacy but it's a good fast ~8 miles. It's still flat and easy but good for base miles and hauling ass.

Comment

I needs to buy me a used bike to go trail riding with yall. We can carpul, I have a tuck like in my avatar but 4 door

Comment

... BUY A USED BIKE!

Adam do me a solid and post a link to new bikes that are worth a shit. I dont like used shit.

God bless
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X