No announcement yet.

Classic Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Yes... I know the Miller song is not from the 70's - but that's when I heard it.)

Comment

I started using Pandora recently, and I either listen to the station I created, or Classic Country.

My wife and I used to grab a case of beer and some board games and listen to classic country saturday night. Some friends came over, and then more, until it was a party at our house for classsic country saturday night and board games. I miss it, so we started doing it with pandora.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I listen to a lot of John Conlee, Don Williams, Haggard, Bobbie Gentry, and Charley Pride. The late 60s Porter Wagner and Dolly Parton is good stuff too. And for those who like Keith Whitley. He and Ricky Skaggs did an album called Second Gen Bluegrass when they were both teenagers. Good music, but you won't even recognize Keith's voice.

Oh, and the obligatory song when talking about good old school music.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          Don't get me wrong, it's better than today's shit they call "country"
          Preach!

This guy put your words, and mine, into a song. It's awesome, especially the "crooked grin" and "kenny chesney" comments.

Nothing cool as far as a car goes, but if you want photos of your ride...I can handle that. Check out my Facebook page if you're bored.

Comment

I'm going to get drunk tonight and blow this mother up! If I can remember. ...

Comment

Too many to list. I love Prime Country, one of my favorite XM Channels.

Comment

Was gonna post the Phases and Stages album, but the fuckers at Youtube took it down.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Agreed, today's "country" is pop with a southern twang...nothing more.

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I grew up on this stuff, brings back memories of long car trips and good times

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      Oh, and the obligatory song when talking about good old school music.

Interesting. Never noticed before, but that song and this one by Waylon are the same tune. Country music can be incestuous.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Love me some Bo Duke

The legend of flowing chest hair ..

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Interesting. Never noticed before, but that song and this one by Waylon are the same tune. Country music can be incestuous.
                          Cool song, but it looks like it's a cover of Bob Dylan, who wrote the song in '62. So, it seems Dylan may have been a Don Gibson fan. Or may be just a coincidence.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good stuff in here! Keep it coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X