No announcement yet.

My Remodel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, today is the day. Hopefully we can get the utilities turned on today, otherwise it is going to be a long miserable weekend working by lights powered by a generator!
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

That standing water in the back yard would scare the shit out of me. Now that the water is in your yard, once you 'fix' it, that water is going to go into your neighbor's yard. Next up, you can be flooding their house too. But someone has jacked with the drainage to give you that soggy mess.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        That standing water in the back yard would scare the shit out of me. Now that the water is in your yard, once you 'fix' it, that water is going to go into your neighbor's yard. Next up, you can be flooding their house too. But someone has jacked with the drainage to give you that soggy mess.
        If graded properly, it can be directed towards the street. I am curious to see what is standing today. Once we get gutters installed, it will help. I plan to do french drains to help get the water out away from the house and the yard. If need be, I will put in a couple of collection boxes in the low spots. Given the state of the foundation, knowing the yard has most likely been like that for years, I am not overly concerned. There is a good bit of slab showing so I am not worried about water infiltration. It also should allow for a couple of inches of dirt to help slope the yard away from the house.

Comment

Well we got a pretty good storm which hasn't happened in a while, with all the weeds I'd say your soild is pretty F'd. Once you get the grass and soil sorted, the drainage should be improved.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

When we moved in, our house had no gutters as well. It really did a number on the ground around the house and my house is only 6 years old, i can't imagine 10+ years without them. I got a pretty good deal on the gutters if you want he name of the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Well we got a pretty good storm which hasn't happened in a while, with all the weeds I'd say your soild is pretty F'd. Once you get the grass and soil sorted, the drainage should be improved.
              It has some significant low spots.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              When we moved in, our house had no gutters as well. It really did a number on the ground around the house and my house is only 6 years old, i can't imagine 10+ years without them. I got a pretty good deal on the gutters if you want he name of the company.
              I have a local contact here in Greenville. Going to have him go by next week.

Comment

I have gutters being put on in several weeks. Be nice to have flower beds again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  were they mexican? did they barely speak english? If so, send me their info.

I wont give a white man my money when it comes to home repairs

Comment

No pictures yet. We are 24 hours in and have just about painted the entire inside. Should finish the walls tonight and get started pulling carpet and tile tomorrow

Comment

what price per feet did ya pay or how ever they charge for the area? also, what style.gutter did ya get?

Comment

Mine haven't been installed yet. I have a guy coming next week to give me a quote.

Comment

We made some pretty decent progress over the weekend. This is essentially 48 hours after getting the keys.

First up, a small improvement to the exterior. There was a big bushy tree? at the front of the house, it was hanging over the roof, and really obstructing the view of the front of the house and making it look very un kept.

Before:

After

The post at the corner of the lead walk is going to get replaced with a 6"x6" or 8"x8" cedar post and corbels. It is very obvious that the post that is there is no longer in its original position, so this will be taken care of VERY soon. I need to get with our mantle guy and see what he would charge me for the lumber.

Comment

Next for the interior.

Here is what we started with.

Entry:

Living Room (looking into kitchen/nook)

looking in from kitchen

Looking in from Entry

Comment

That nasty couch is gone. The previous owners left it, along with a crappy old vacuum and a nasty box spring...

Well, it turns out the rest of the pictures are crap...

Living room after paint (color is Crouton from KWAL)

Started busting out tile, this is the entry. Now I just have to do the kitchen/breakfast/laundry room and both bathrooms....

We are planning to add a 30" upper and lower cabinet to the end of the row of cabinets here.

The original plan was to put a wall oven in a cabinet that went floor to ceiling. That would require moving the 220v drop for the oven, in turn requiring us to purchase a cook top at the same time, which would force us into new counter tops. By doing 30" upper and lower, it gets us more cabinet space and eventually more counter top space. We will have to come up with something to use as a counter top for a few months until we can get new tops put in. Once we decide on new tops, I will get a cabinet build to fit the wall oven that will fit in the void left by the existing range.

Comment

Well, day 3 is in the books. We aren't taking any vacation time so we are working a few hours each night through the week. I forgot to get pictures, but we got the tile demo'd in the kitchen and carpet cut out of two bedrooms.

If you plan to demo tile, a tile scraper is a MUST! It made VERY quick work of the kitchen. It also helped that it was laid over linoleum. Tomorrow I plan to finish pulling carpet and start pulling the linoleum. The linoleum was coming up in a few areas and I don't want to have to go through re-tiling in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X