Shopping metal building contractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping metal building contractors

You guys that have put up a shop or know someone that has, I'd like to hear if you have recommendations on who you used. I'm ready to start on a building at my place...nothing too extravagant, I'm looking to do a 40x50 (weld-up) A-frame style with 10' side walls and 4'-5' rise at the peak. Of course a few roll-up doors, some windows, etc.

I was planning to use a local contractor that did buildings for a couple of my friends (who are also neighbors), they did a great job and really competitively priced, but now these jackasses won't call me back. Small operation with 2 main guys, but they never answer their phones, and I've literally left about a half dozen messages over the past couple months...last message left last Friday and again no call back, so that was the final straw...I need to keep looking elsewhere I suppose.

Nevertheless, if you have recommendations send them my way. TIA
    Last edited by Rreemo; 09-03-2014, 03:53 PM.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

I will have to look up who did mine. They did another guys on the board and Forrest knows him. Great price and work and he is your direction.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Interested as well, except more in the 10-15k sq ft range. Needs to be someone very legit, capable of supply, delivery, and on site install. Licensed, bonded, portfolio, all that mumbo jumbo shit.

Comment

Call up your steel building places like Mueller. They will have a list of contacts for a bid.

Comment

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Update: TR Metal Buildings has everyone beat - should be signing a contract tomorrow and breaking ground for the slab in the next week or two.

Bout damn time...I've got shit strewed out everywhere, between 3 other friends shops.
            70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I just saw this. There are a couple local to me that do great work. For anyone who comes across this in the future.

Liberty Farm Iron works
              Rafter P Construction
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Mine is great. 30x40x12 with 2 12x12 doors and a 10x40 awning.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  Update: TR Metal Buildings has everyone beat - should be signing a contract tomorrow and breaking ground for the slab in the next week or two.

Bout damn time...I've got shit strewed out everywhere, between 3 other friends shops.
                  What kinda of a deal did you get? What size and stuff

Comment

I called TR Metal Buildings yesterday and talked to Mark. He said he needed to call me back. He didn't. I called him again today at 2:14 pm. He didn't answer. I left him a voice mail reminding him that he talked to me yesterday, and I was still waiting to hear back from him. He still hasn't returned my call. I'm TRYING to get someone to build me a 40x60 with 12' walls. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
                      What kinda of a deal did you get? What size and stuff
                      30x50x10 (4' rise) - one 18x8 door, one 12x8 door, 3.3' walk-thru, 6 windows, 4 skylights, insulation, 2-tone colors....$25,900 with some plumbing in the slab for a bathroom.

The next closest bid I got was $32K for the same building but only on a 2.5' rise.

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                      I called TR Metal Buildings yesterday and talked to Mark. He said he needed to call me back. He didn't. I called him again today at 2:14 pm. He didn't answer. I left him a voice mail reminding him that he talked to me yesterday, and I was still waiting to hear back from him. He still hasn't returned my call. I'm TRYING to get someone to build me a 40x60 with 12' walls. Ridiculous.
                      Just give him time man....they are actually the local builders I mentioned in my first post above. After the replies here I decided to try him again and he got back to me within a day. He's not the best at calling back right away but if you keep trying he will get back to you. He will also answer text messages. He told me that he is really busy right now b/c they have been building houses in addition to the metal buildings.

They did 3 of my neighbors buildings and all turned out real nice. One of them is Dentguru on this board....his is a 40x75x12, and they undercut the next guy by around $10K IIRC.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Damn that's a lot cheaper than I thought it was! Now I need more land. Please keep us updated on how well the build process works out.

Comment

I'll have to save their info...I'll be in the market for a similar setup soon. I'm probably going to do a 60x40x12.

Comment

Made a lot of progress this week. I added some picture updates here - https://www.facebook.com/jason.wade....9154125&type=1
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Thanks for posting. I'm wanting to get one built, same size as OP. Though mine will be in OK, it gives me a ballpark on what to expect price wise.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X