A/C blowing warm in Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C blowing warm in Silverado

So my 2014 silverado ac is blowing warm. Right now when I press the ac button I'm hearing a whistling type of noise coming from the middle top of the dashboard. Haven't had this truck 3 years and this happens. Anyone got any ideas? Low coolant? Accumulator switch? Blend door motor?
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Is the compressor running when the ac is on or does it cycle on and off quickly? Does it blow hot air when sitting still and at highway speeds?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
      Is the compressor running when the ac is on or does it cycle on and off quickly? Does it blow hot air when sitting still and at highway speeds?
      When I press the AC button I can hear it turn on and then what sounds like air whistling like. Warm air blows at idle or while driving.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        When I press the AC button I can hear it turn on and then what sounds like air whistling like. Warm air blows at idle or while driving.
        are both fans running?

Comment

If the compressor stays running and doesnt quick cycle and you're getting hot air regardless of the trucks speed my next guess would be a bad blend door. Or a clogged cabin filter.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
            are both fans running?
            Just checked, neither one are turning. Im assuming the fans you speak of are the ones behind the radiator?

Comment

My '15 Sierra was blowing warm shortly after I bought it. When I took it in there was a service bulletin for one of the lines needing an extra bracket. With the bracket the line cracks and you lose all the refrigerant. Since they fixed that, it's been solid for 140k or so miles.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                My '15 Sierra was blowing warm shortly after I bought it. When I took it in there was a service bulletin for one of the lines needing an extra bracket. With the bracket the line cracks and you lose all the refrigerant. Since they fixed that, it's been solid for 140k or so miles.
                Wouldn't there be a stain where all the fluid leaked or an odor?

Comment

Just checked, neither one are turning. Im assuming the fans you speak of are the ones behind the radiator?
                  yes sir, there are a ton of bulletins out on them. Mine did that but both fans were running, the high pressure switch came loose somehow.

Comment

Man, I haven't received anything or heard anything about this.

Plus, I believe my truck no longer is under warranty.

Comment

Man, I haven't received anything or heard anything about this.

Plus, I believe my truck no longer is under warranty.
                      Mine was out of warranty too, I drove down to LazerSVT shop and he had it fixed ASAP

Might PM him or call his shop and ask him

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                        If the compressor stays running and doesnt quick cycle and you're getting hot air regardless of the trucks speed my next guess would be a bad blend door. Or a clogged cabin filter.
                        Haven't changed cabin filter and blend door seems like and easy fix but I don't want to replace it without knowing it went bad or if something else is causing an issue.

One thing I did notice is that when it stopped blowing cold air it did it within a 35 minute time period. When I left work on Friday to pick up my son, when I got to his house it blew warm by then.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                          Mine was out of warranty too, I drove down to LazerSVT shop and he had it fixed ASAP

Might PM him or call his shop and ask him
                          Just sent him a PM about this thread.

If you don't mind me asking, was it costly?

Comment

You whine and cry every time this truck has an issue.

It's a vehicle. They break!
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              You whine and cry every time this truck has an issue.

It's a vehicle. They break!
                              lemme have my cheese with my whine!!!

I need a few beers.......

No squeaky seat though!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X