Skyrim help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyrim help

Jackie and I have been playing Diablo 3 since it came out and we're both bored of it after multiple seasons. She is looking for a new game to play.

She really wants to try Skyrim, however I am not sure where to start.

I want to get whatever Skyrim she should start with ( presumably the most recent ), and I would also like to get whatever graphics mods are the most stable and easiest to install so the game looks more current.

Thanks

Elder Scrolls Online?

There's room in my guild Big Nick Diggers

Comment

Is there an offline or story mode she can play? She really prefers not to party with others, but she does like the aspect of grinding gear and min/max her spec.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
        Is there an offline or story mode she can play? She really prefers not to party with others, but she does like the aspect of grinding gear and min/max her spec.
        I've solo'd 90% of the game myself. Lots of public dungeons, map discovery, etc. very guild wars 2 feel in that aspect of just doing cool stuff. And yes there is a main story/quest line to follow that is very in depth. With Morrowind released now, i'd start there, and buy the whole she-bang

Comment

Skyrim is Fing magical. If you're on PC, I'm not sure how much help I can be but there are tons of YouTube vids on mods and such that can point you in the right direction. The simple answer would be to get the latest Skyrim Special Edition and go from there. I play console, and therefore had no access to mods until the SE release. I have a handful installed, mostly just to add crafting capability and one cheat-chest full of goodies if I don't feel like grinding for something.

It's a great game and the new SE version is already beautiful to look at.

ESO is cool too, but it's a different animal. If she prefers off-line, I'd start with Skyrim.

Comment

Ok, I bought the special edition, thanks guys

Comment

Skyrim is great if she likes exploring. It's a very immersing game but it does lack an in-depth story. The Witcher 3 has essentially ruined me as far as complete games though. The world is huge and awesome, the characters and the story are top notch too. Even side quests can be meaningful. If you haven't played it. Play Skyrim first though because afterwards you'll just be like "not as good as the witcher."
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Skyrim is great if she likes exploring. It's a very immersing game but it does lack an in-depth story. The Witcher 3 has essentially ruined me as far as complete games though. The world is huge and awesome, the characters and the story are top notch too. Even side quests can be meaningful. If you haven't played it. Play Skyrim first though because afterwards you'll just be like "not as good as the witcher."
                Witcher 3 also came out like 5 years after skyrim...

Comment

That's funny. I did the opposite, played Skyrim and then picked up Witcher 3 and bailed on it after about 20 hours or so. Too much structure for me. I much prefer being able to play whatever character I want, however I want.

For instance, my two favorite characters are wildly different. One vampire chick with illusion magic and a dagger that can one-hit anything if you do it right, and a sword and board guy that does no magic and is a melee stud. That kind of wildly different playability is really important to me.

For anyone looking to play Skyrim, look up the character build playlists on YouTube for ESO and fudgemuppet. Not saying they're the best personalities but the info is solid and gives you good ideas for all the different ways to play.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    That's funny. I did the opposite, played Skyrim and then picked up Witcher 3 and bailed on it after about 20 hours or so. Too much structure for me. I much prefer being able to play whatever character I want, however I want.

For instance, my two favorite characters are wildly different. One vampire chick with illusion magic and a dagger that can one-hit anything if you do it right, and a sword and board guy that does no magic and is a melee stud. That kind of wildly different playability is really important to me.

For anyone looking to play Skyrim, look up the character build playlists on YouTube for ESO and fudgemuppet. Not saying they're the best personalities but the info is solid and gives you good ideas for all the different ways to play.
                    I just really got into the story with the witcher. It starts getting really good once you get to Novigrad and never has a drop IMO. I loved Skyrim and have put a couple hundred hours into and at times I'll find myself just in awe of the scenery. Just didn't have the in-depth storyline and characters of the witcher.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I just really got into the story with the witcher. It starts getting really good once you get to Novigrad and never has a drop IMO. I loved Skyrim and have put a couple hundred hours into and at times I'll find myself just in awe of the scenery. Just didn't have the in-depth storyline and characters of the witcher.
                      That makes sense. Both great RP games, just different flavors.

Comment

She hates, the graphics look like shit even in 4k. It looks so dated, and the first person view is garbage.

I got her onto Wolcen and Lost Ark though

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                          She hates, the graphics look like shit even in 4k. It looks so dated, and the first person view is garbage.

I got her onto Wolcen and Lost Ark though
                          Really? That's too bad. Different strokes, I guess.

Comment

One of my characters I cheated to make and had all the dragonborn calls. Can't think of the one specifically, but had the power to knock people down and had no rest period, so it was fun to sneak up behind enemies who were on cliffs or steep hills and watch them fall.

Comment

Really? That's too bad. Different strokes, I guess.
                              First person games give her a headache, and the graphics are too low which makes it even more motion sickness.

Comment

Working...
                              X