Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart loss prevention stops shopper who paid for all her items and accuses her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart loss prevention stops shopper who paid for all her items and accuses her

warning cussing jail!!!

Imagine that you are walking out of your neighborhood Walmart when you are stopped and accused of theft, after paying for everything in your cart. Gina Lescarbeau does not have to imagine, because that is exactly what happened to her on July 21, 2017, at the Walmart in Burnsville, Minnesota located at 12200 River Ridge Blvd, Burnsville, MN 55337 telephone number (952) 356-0018. After paying for everything in her cart store employees Kenny Swanson-Peck and Thomas Ewalt, demand her receipt as they surround her and demand that she come with them to the loss prevention office.

That guy takes his job way too seriously lol.

Comment

Dang, that lady ain't takin' shit from nobody. Don't blame her, just funny.

Comment

I wouldn't have even stopped for that fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I wouldn't have even stopped for that fuck.
          Stores do have certain rights to protect their property. He didn't physically detain her at any point but he could have. Then again she could sue the store for false arrest if he did. I'd imagine he's looking for a job today.

Comment

They can't do shit unless a would be thief walks outside of the store. I'm sure that boy is out of his $7.00 an hour job.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              They can't do shit unless a would be thief walks outside of the store. I'm sure that boy is out of his $7.00 an hour job.
              That varies drastically depending on the city. Most places consider walking past the last register with merchandise as shoplifting.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                That varies drastically depending on the city. Most places consider walking past the last register with merchandise as shoplifting.

Some walmart employee dressed in plain cloths aint going to stop shit. I have a hard time believing they could turn anything physical with out getting the shit kicked out of them and/or sued.

Comment

Those idiots are some of the worst morons you could ever deal with. They got pissed at us because we would make them prove the people actually stole something. Twice the guy was wrong. I have also seen them use force to prevent theft with bad results. Like getting the shit kicked out of them in the creek behind the Wally world.

The new Sgt and I have already advised we would drop a two week notice the second a Walmart gets approved in our city. That bastard in Red Oak doubled the crime rate at least in the first year.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I hate going to walmart unless it is something I can't get elsewhere. Not only does ours not stock anything useful or anything other walmarts carry, they have 18 closed registers at all times and it looks like someone let a pack of 4 year olds run free. Plus most of the customers are aweful, which actually compliments the aweful employees nicely. And shit is impossible to find there. I fucking hate that store.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Ok first it does happen

It is called an NPI. Non productive intervention

It always puts an employee on final notice and removes their ability to do any further loss prevention interactions with customers.

There are the 5 steps which must be followed at all times
                      1. Entry without product
                      2. Selection of product
                      3. Concealment/sustained coverage after product selection
                      4. No visible weapons used to open or conceal merchandise, and no danger to other customers
                      5. Failure to pay

In retail failure to pay is established at the point of entry or exit.

These are the retail rules to apprehension.

It's a stupid game, and in most situations except target, it is simply the retail LP following some one around and then Falsifying a report saying they witnessed every single step.

At target it was always a two man operation. Wal-Mart and other retail it's mostly in person plain clothes surveillance

LEO paid on site for security can operate without any of these steps. For instance one of the worst targets next to love field had officers there at all times and the officers would perform searches based only on concealment and arrest before the subject would leave the store.

Wal-Mart's in general use zero video and nearly all in person surveillance. If you've ever looked for cameras hanging from the ceiling in Wal-Mart they only have them in electronics and over cash registers.

Comment

I'll give you a certain example

We had a soft drink booster, he owned a convenience store or something like it, and would buy 12 packs of coke 4 for 12 max quantity of 12, walk out of the store and give his wife the full cart and walk back in the store some times multiple times, and load up another cart and walk back out

The apprehension wasn't pretty, him standing there screaming he had his receipt, making a scene, us cuffing him and dragging him to the office. This offender was known to do this multiple times, and we had detailed records of previous occurrences we also filed with police after apprehension.

At target it was always considered a balance, in a store full of people who are genuinely buying items a huge scene with a volatile subject was always extremely well documented.

Comment

You are correct
                          Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

Stores do have certain rights to protect their property. He didn't physically detain her at any point but he could have. Then again she could sue the store for false arrest if he did. I'd imagine he's looking for a job today.
                            Shopkeeper's privilege. And it is real limited as a defense to False imprisonment.

Comment

Wal mart is hell.... why voluntarily walk into hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X