Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart loss prevention stops shopper who paid for all her items and accuses her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadnt shopped at Walmart in almost 5 years. Went there today to send someone some cash to help them out and as soon as I walked in the door I just felt an overwhelming urge to kick a puppy. The workers....the shoppers....just the whole store is pure hell.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      They can't do shit unless a would be thief walks outside of the store. I'm sure that boy is out of his $7.00 an hour job.

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Stores do have certain rights to protect their property. He didn't physically detain her at any point but he could have. Then again she could sue the store for false arrest if he did. I'd imagine he's looking for a job today.
      Before detaining anyone, you must establish Shoplifting Probable Cause. To establish a solid base for probable cause and prevent false arrest claims, there are six universally accepted steps that a merchant should follow before deciding to stop someone suspected of shoplifting:

1. You must see the shoplifter approach your merchandise
      2. You must see the shoplifter select your merchandise
      3. You must see the shoplifter conceal or carry away or convert your merchandise
      4. You must maintain continuous observation the shoplifter
      5. You must see the shoplifter fail to pay for the merchandise
      6. You must approach the shoplifter outside of the store

Comment

Had to search Gina.......

Comment

It's annoying as hell to have to present receipts (Like costco does) and then to get accused of stealing when you have not - I could see that pissing me off pretty badly. I DO NOT CARE if the item came up with the wrong price when scanned. 95% of the time I do not pay that much attention unless total seems high. If it seems low I'd not even think about it much.

I'm on the side of the lady on this one.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Had to search Gina.......
            Gina is a certified badass, but needs to work on that pistola grip.

Comment

Comment

Did Jake Tapper approve of you sharing that video?

Comment

Did Jake Tapper approve of you sharing that video?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      It's annoying as hell to have to present receipts (Like costco does) and then to get accused of stealing when you have not - I could see that pissing me off pretty badly. I DO NOT CARE if the item came up with the wrong price when scanned. 95% of the time I do not pay that much attention unless total seems high. If it seems low I'd not even think about it much.

I'm on the side of the lady on this one.
                      Sam's does the same thing. I'm tempted to just start walking by and not doing that bs for a couple of reasons....

1) because they don't really check shit anyway most of the time
                      2) to show how useless that position really is

But I don't because I see the old guy and think about how he probably really needs that job.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        I wonder how that ended
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                          I wonder how that ended
                          Its probably ended with some reservations....

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            Sam's does the same thing. I'm tempted to just start walking by and not doing that bs for a couple of reasons....

But I don't because I see the old guy and think about how he probably really needs that job.
                            As does Costco. I went to high school with the guy that usually does it and the other guy is a regular at the brewery.

Fry's started doing it 20 something years ago and it pissed me off then, now I'm kind of accustomed to it. Best Buy has checked my receipt a few times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post

Try the new sams scan and go app, you get to skip the register and the door guy just scans a bar code on your phone after you check out with the app. Makes going to sams much more tolerable and gives the door guy a legit job to do.

Comment

As does Costco. I went to high school with the guy that usually does it and the other guy is a regular at the brewery.

Fry's started doing it 20 something years ago and it pissed me off then, now I'm kind of accustomed to it. Best Buy has checked my receipt a few times as well.
                                You still work at the brewery? I hadn't been to that one in years.

A guy I went to high school with used to rob Frye's blind, and get the door guy to sign off on it. He would load a cart with a bunch of product, then sneak go wait in line at the customer service desk. After a few minutes he would wave for the door guy to come over, and he would explain he was going to return whatever was in the cart, but the line was too long and he had to go to work. The door guy would walk him out the door with the cart full of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X