Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops go to wrong house and kill a man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops go to wrong house and kill a man...

Of course they say he had a gun and pointed it at them. Wife says otherwise. We know whose side will be believed.

FTP.

quote:
    SOUTHAVEN, MS (WMC) - Documents show that Southaven officers went to the wrong house to serve a warrant on Monday, which resulted in the shooting death of a man who did not have any active warrants out for his arrest.

A warrant out of Tate County shows Samuel Pearman was wanted for domestic assault. But, when Southaven officers arrived on Surrey Lane to arrest Pearman, they did not show up to the correct house.

Instead, officers missed their target by 36 feet. Those 36 feet made all the difference to Ismael Lopez and his wife.

Ismael Lopez and his wife, Claudia Linares, were asleep inside their house across the street from Pearson when officers arrived.

Linares said her husband went to the door to see what was happening outside. That's when she heard gunshots and by the time she reached her husband, he was already dead.

"Bullet holes suggest they shot through the door," Wells said.

Officers said Lopez came to the door pointing a gun at them. Those officers claim to have asked Lopez multiple times to drop the gun before they started shooting.

But, neighbors said they didn't hear anything like that.

"I didn't hear yelling," neighbor Nicholas Tramel said.

Tramel's room is right next to the Lopez home. He said he never heard police tell Lopez to put his rifle down.
    Wells implied that officers had reasons not to tell the truth in their account of what happened. Namely, because they could face consequences for shooting Lopez. He also said that Claudia, who was the only one on the property who could not be held responsible for shooting Lopez, did not hear any commands or instructions being given. In addition, Wells said Lopez never pointed a gun at the officers. "There was a gun on the premises, but the man did not have the gun with him when police shot him," he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    Of course they say he had a gun and pointed it at them. Wife says otherwise. We know whose side will be believed.
    Problem here is if they did go to wrong house, who cares if he had a gun? He was doing nothing wrong so obviously the "cops" are impostors or something.

I'm not FTP but, this wrong house bullshit has to stop. The penalties for busting into the wrong house need to be severe. Everyone makes mistakes - that's why anyone involved with the entry needs to validate the address and their current location before proceeding. From the lowly rookie up to the most senior person on site. If they are ALL held liable, I guarantee you they'll be all interested in checking. Getting the address correct should not be above anyone's pay grade.

If the dudes on-scene were given the wrong address, the clerical/management side needs severe punishment.

100% wrong to shoot someone, when at the wrong address. Regardless if the occupants had a gun or not.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

damn that's fucked up. I hope they don't get a slap on the wrist.

Comment

Fuck. The. Police.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Was this the one where they planted evidence too.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

The penalties for busting into the wrong house need to be severe. Everyone makes mistakes - that's why anyone involved with the entry needs to validate the address and their current location before proceeding.
            It needs to be a capital offense for all involved just like it would be if I murdered someone in their own home after breaking into it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Problem here is if they did go to wrong house, who cares if he had a gun? He was doing nothing wrong so obviously the "cops" are impostors or something.

I'm not FTP but, this wrong house bullshit has to stop. The penalties for busting into the wrong house need to be severe. Everyone makes mistakes - that's why anyone involved with the entry needs to validate the address and their current location before proceeding. From the lowly rookie up to the most senior person on site. If they are ALL held liable, I guarantee you they'll be all interested in checking. Getting the address correct should not be above anyone's pay grade.

If the dudes on-scene were given the wrong address, the clerical/management side needs severe punishment.

100% wrong to shoot someone, when at the wrong address. Regardless if the occupants had a gun or not.
              Some sort of redundancy check similar to what most medical centers use now for surgical patients perhaps, where verification of personal information is done, what procedure is being done, where it's being performed on, etc. before starting anything.

Comment

That story above is so poorly written, it sounds like they were serving a warrant and went to the wrong door. This story says they were responding to a domestic and ended up at the wrong house..
                A man is dead after being shot by police who may have responded to the wrong address, the Southaven district attorney said.

Bad deal either way, but at least its more info

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  It needs to be a capital offense for all involved just like it would be if I murdered someone in their own home after breaking into it.
                  Can't argue, if the punishment were not severe enough there is high potential that they would just get complacent and not follow procedure.

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Some sort of redundancy check similar to what most medical centers use now for surgical patients perhaps, where verification of personal information is done, what procedure is being done, where it's being performed on, etc. before starting anything.
                  Ya, you know common sense stuff - when lives are at risk. In this case both the LEO's and the innocent victims in their homes.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Fucking scumbags.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Police acted within department policies and the wife gets a taxpayer funded payout, "tragic accident" and no one goes to jail.

Every one of them need to go to prison. Any one who squeezed that trigger needs to go down.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Yeah, that's straight up fucking bullshit! If I hear some shit going down at my home in the middle of the night, I'm going to go investigate with one or more weapons. What am I supposed to do and if I know I'm not wanted for anything, it's probably going to be a shootout at the OK corral.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

And Heaven help if you kill all of them and are innocent. Doesn't matter. You were repelling invaders in the middle of the night, had no reason to believe police would be coming to your home much less breaching it and were defending your home. The fact that you killed all of the intruders normally would get you a heroes response but now gets you the death penalty.

That's if you make it to trial.

"Why did he answer the door in plate armor with a 50 caliber revolver?"

"Why did YOU kick in my door at the wrong address?"

"We yelled police and you should have stood down."

"I didn't have any reason to believe that police would lawfully be at my home and no one said any such thing so I repelled a home invasion."
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Fucking dipshits who want to play Navy SEALs because they spend most of their time chasing cows out of the street.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more. Addresses aren't necessarily verified as actual residence for criminal on bookin or court appearances. So they could really put anything down and have cops show up to a totally unrelated property for search.

Comment

Working...
                              X